Having more than 1 Busa . . . Worthwhile??

Kiwi Rider

Registered
If I was to buy a Gen 2, and I already have a well sorted Gen 1 (1999 ) that I really really enjoy riding, would I ride the Gen 2 as much?
Is it worth having 2 Busas even if they are both different, or would one end up being neglected and feeling unloved?
Anyone here already gone through this quandary?

If I was to buy a Gen 2, and I already have a well sorted Gen 1 (1999 ) that I really really enjoy riding, would I ride the Gen 2 as much?
Is it worth having 2 Busas even if they are both different, or would one end up being neglected and feeling unloved?
You don't need to get another bike Kiwi , your good mate lets you ride one of his many spares anytime you want don't he ?
Go on then , get one anyway bro , and no , I don't know what it is like to have 2 Busa's .

I kind of went through the same thing having two similar bike with my old 18 Busa and my old 18 ZX14r. It did not make sense.

Now I have a 19 Busa and a 19 FXR1300 sport touring bike. Now I feel like I have the two perfect bikes for me.

I can carry more on the FJR and it has heated grips, cruise, shaft drive, great wind protection more comfortable on long rides for me and a passenger.

With the Busa it is a blast to ride!! Just a cool bike! My 3rd one.

Just big bore the Gen 1, and upgrade brakes ;)
Now that is the answer that strikes a chord !
I want the Gen 2 power and torque, so I'll need the crank for the extra stroke, and then bore it a few mils, so what is the ideal set up for bore and stroke measurements/capacity? also . . . bigger valves?
Would I need bigger injectors? Internal fuel pump?

If I wasn’t bit by the Harley bug I’d have a couple Busas

I’ve got a Gen1 all modded out and customized for performance

I would’ve easily gotten another Gen2 and set that up for Touring and passenger friendly riding. Seen a couple a Bkings around my way pretty cheap I would’ve grabbed 1 of those up and Turbo’d it. But instead I’ve got big heavy slow Harley’s sitting in my garage :lol:

Honestly the Busa is the type of bike that can damn near do it all so you can get bye with just 1. But Ive got a sickness..... and can’t leave well enough alone so I’d have to mod and tinker with em. So In a perfect world I’d have a Busa for Ripping around and 1 for touring.

You don't need to get another bike Kiwi , your good mate lets you ride one of his many spares anytime you want don't he ?
Go on then , get one anyway bro , and no , I don't know what it is like to have 2 Busa's .
You are right, I don't NEED another bike, but I just WANT a Gen 2 lol
Been thinkin' 'bout it way toooo much lately,
it's nice riding his bikes for a change, , but it's the Busa I really like to ride, the GSXR's just aren't as comfy or as grunty.
When I ride Gen 2 Busas at work (customer's bikes) I instantly want to have one for myself lmao!
It's a real dilemma for me.
But as C10 so wisely said, upgrade power and brakes (also suspension) and I'll have the perfect bike for me.
But to do that it will cost about the same as buying a used Gen 2 . . .
what to do????

Well my brother, I have had two bikes for many years and it seems one normally gets ridden more and the maintenance and upkeep on two bikes is staggering.

I have chosen to go to one bike and it has made life easier. Less tires to buy, oil changes, guilt from letting one sit...etc.....

My opinion for what it's worth, is if you are happy with what you have, make it the best you can and enjoy.

With the passion you have for your busa I don't see you ever neglecting either one. I say go for it and just make your own idea of what the gen 2 should be.

Kiwi,

if I had two busas, it would be a turbo one with a gixer tail and another setup for touring with had cases, cruise, heated grips, etc.

@VIPER . . . . Thats like having more than 1 girl friend. Is it worth while? DUH of course. Could it cause heart ache? Duh of course :)

Now that is high maintenance...

The high maintenance would be the least of your problems, it's the hospital and medical center's bills, time off work, the mental anguish and stress, etc etc etc. :banghead:

Back