Having issues lowering the front end of '09 Busa.

J_root23

Registered
I've got an aftermarket tripple tree for my '09 busa that allows the forks to slide through the tripple tree. We lowered the front about an inch, and once we took the bike out of the stand to admire our work we noticed that the brake and clutch resevoire would hit the front fairing when you turned left to right. Has anybody expirenced this before? What did you do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try to loosen the clamps and rotate the controls down a little. That should help. If you still not have a enough room, you might need some new clip ons.

I dont have a GENII, but you may try to loosen and rotate the reservoirs a little?

Mines lowered about the same and will barely make contact under full lock but that doesnt really bother me much it only affects wheeling the bike around so i just dont slam to either side but it should affect you while riding because i hope you dont go full lock at speed. :whistle:

My 08 is lowered and I have the Heli bars on mine also. I had to rotate them as well. It does touch at the lock position but works fine. Good luck

Depends what brand tree?,some suck and nothing can be done to stop that from happening but get another kind..

Careful your brake lever dosen't get pushed in enough to dump the bike. I used 3/4 inch risers on mine no problems.

I have a triple tree from Pit-eck, I dont know if it is junk, or if I am missing somthing. What company would you buy a triple tree from. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.:bowdown:

if your trouble persists,,call PINGEL that make alot of parts for all bikes esp busa.
Tell them or pull up a picture on line of what is called lowering bushings. They work great and their about 60 bucks or less and they come with new bolts to ensure the factory ones arent stretched,
They slide under your original triple tree and allow it to be raised 1 inch which lowers the bike 1 inch. They work great. Pingel techs like and advise lowering the front 1 inch and the rear 2 inch. Sounds odd , But it works and the bike doesnt drag or handle funny. bodie

Back