Have you ever woken up having no idea it was going to be new bike day?

yes, I'm convinced all generations will be very similar in performance. comes down to the rider for sure. I thought that since the gen 1 is only 1299 cc and 11:1 compression that there would be a very noticeable performance difference to the 1340 12.5:1 ....but not really. maybe 5% or so, but then again my gen 2 is lighter, full exhaust and the ECU is flashed so that could be that 5% increase. again this is just my "butt dyno" nothing official here :p....either way the gen1 does not disappoint.
Each and every test of the gen 2 had it outperforming the gen 1 (stock bike to stock bike).

We have already seen some testing of the gen 3 outperforming the gen 2 in mid range delivery....

I reckon by the time the gen 3 gets to speed, the little bit of extra power the gen 2 has will be negligible to catch it.

Once the mods come into play, all bets are off as to which generation will outperform the other. The gen 3 should still have the edge as it's electronic suite will allow the power to be used more efficiently and get more of it to the ground.

Nice bike for sure.

I thought (and I guess I'm wrong) that all 2004's were limited additions as it was the 5 year anniversary
of the Busa being made. My 2004 has a black frame and Silver on the edge of the rims - also a badge
that says "LIMITED" And only an "S" on the fuel tank.

Being colorblind - is your bike black or purple? As I know for sure in 04 they had a purple one sitting
next to the red one I bought.

Back