Have you ever woken up having no idea it was going to be new bike day?

clean

Registered
Have you ever woken up having no idea it was going to be new bike day?

This bone stock 04 fell into my lap today. A deal I couldn't pass up. Looks good along side my gen 2.

20210531_234915.jpg

Well the keen eye :p may also see the factory center stand, Buell pegs, heli bars and Puig windscreen. What you can't see in the pic is the Ohlins steering damper (really slick).

Well yes, my 2005 was purchased on a whim, in a Suzuki show room that I just stop by to look at bikes at. I really dug the black and red and thought I'd look really good on it. Now as soon as Bartlesville calls, I will wake up that morning knowing full well that I'm flying to Oklahoma to give that guy a bunch of money and pick up a bike.

Nice year you got, love Gen I's. I'll bet it does look good sitting next to your Gen II.

:thumbsup:

Well yes, my 2005 was purchased on a whim, in a Suzuki show room that I just stop by to look at bikes at. I really dug the black and red and thought I'd look really good on it. Now as soon as Bartlesville calls, I will wake up that morning knowing full well that I'm flying to Oklahoma to give that guy a bunch of money and pick up a bike.

Nice year you got, love Gen I's. I'll bet it does look good sitting next to your Gen II.

:thumbsup:
Nice! that's exciting! please post pics ASAP!!

yes the Gen 1 is a beautiful bike - and I'm surprised at how close the gen 1 vs 2 are in performance - my butt dyno says basically the same.

LOL !!!....."NOOO......". The Gen II definitely has more dig, I've worked on them and test rode a whole bunch, but there's something magical about the original Gen I that holds my heart forever. That romance will never die until I do.

The Gen III, has a particular style, and characteristics that take me back to 2005.

Gotta have one !. Just like in 05'. :thumbsup:

PS I'm gonna look real good sitting on one. (That's a joke). ;)

Nice! that's exciting! please post pics ASAP!!

yes the Gen 1 is a beautiful bike - and I'm surprised at how close the gen 1 vs 2 are in performance - my butt dyno says basically the same.
And that's an interesting fact considering the gen 2 has more power than a gen 1...the gen 3 is following suit...

And that's an interesting fact considering the gen 2 has more power than a gen 1...the gen 3 is following suit...
yes, I'm convinced all generations will be very similar in performance. comes down to the rider for sure. I thought that since the gen 1 is only 1299 cc and 11:1 compression that there would be a very noticeable performance difference to the 1340 12.5:1 ....but not really. maybe 5% or so, but then again my gen 2 is lighter, full exhaust and the ECU is flashed so that could be that 5% increase. again this is just my "butt dyno" nothing official here :p....either way the gen1 does not disappoint.

Back