Have you ever stopped to wonder..

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Let me preface this by saying this is NOT a cry for attention or anything like that I assure you. :beerchug: I was just sitting around the other night and thinking about this is all..

Have you ever thought about how many people are actually gonna miss you when you pass on? I guess a better question would be how many people's lives have you made an impact on?

Just the thought of how many will be at your funeral, etc. I know my family will miss me, but sometimes you just gotta wonder, ya know? Has anyone else wondered this? :dunno:

I can only speak for myself but i believe it is a perfectly natural question to consider the impact on others lives we've made. I believe it prompts us to reflect on our daily behavior and actions towards one another as well.
"Who will be impacted by my demise?" is a question that isn't far from the category of "Tragedy brings out the best in people." Any time someone passes away the ones left grieving also are left questioning how they could have treated that person better, talked to them more Etc. So as humans, we have all these emotions wired into our DNA and I'm certain nearly everyone has questioned the exact same things you have.

Timely and insightful question...did you get help coming up with it Bots? :p

After seeing Shawn's retirement and just how many lives he's touched, then attending a funeral yesterday for a coworker's husband tragically killed while out on an evening jog, I find myself wondering the same...it's very humbling to sit in a room and watch others recount someone's impact on others...

Question is too deep to answer right now...

Well they won't have to have mine in the local high school gym or convention center :laugh:

It will be like, hey do you remember that crazy old man with the Busa ? Haven't seen him lately ........ oh yeah that dude died a couple years ago :banghead:

Well they won't have to have mine in the local high school gym or convention center :laugh:

It will be like, hey do you remember that crazy old man with the Busa ? Haven't seen him lately ........ oh yeah that dude died a couple years ago :banghead:

I'll be at the funeral...yer wife and I have become email buddies. She has promised me your Busa when you kick the bucket.

Did you get that carton of cigarettes I sent? and those coupons for 50% off on bacon?

Rubbie.

Let me preface this by saying this is NOT a cry for attention or anything like that I assure you. :beerchug: I was just sitting around the other night and thinking about this is all..

Have you ever thought about how many people are actually gonna miss you when you pass on? I guess a better question would be how many people's lives have you made an impact on?

Just the thought of how many will be at your funeral, etc. I know my family will miss me, but sometimes you just gotta wonder, ya know? Has anyone else wondered this? :dunno:

Is this your way of saying Bots your getting ready to buy a Harley. Seems like a lot of thinking going on here. :laugh:

Oh yeah, I think about the impact that I have on others lives all the time. I guess not so much the how many people will be at my funeral part. Kind of an interesting and sobering thought I have to admit. It all ties into our greater purpose here and what this all means and what is coming next after death for me. I try and think about it often as I want to get better. I have to admit I have a long way to go before I pack a large venue. Taking baby steps but realizing as I get older and my kids get older what really matters on the short time we have on this earth.

Rubb, if you supply me bacon and cigarettes for life you can have my Busa when you die. Make it Canadian Bacon, eh. I would prefer you did not become email buddies with my wife though. ???

Wanna know what kind of impact you will have on people....go volunteer at a local elementary school. When kids come up to you years later and remember who you are it's priceless!

I think the wife will be upset for a while, at least until she gets the insurance check..... :laugh:

Now I don't want you boys getting any bright ideas that I'm going to pass on to the happy hunting grounds any time soon. I have another half century to keep you entertained. My only regret about death is I won't be able to read all the gracious chatter from those Org members whom dearly love me! I'd list your names but I only have four hours of free time this morning. :laugh:

Now I don't want you boys getting any bright ideas that I'm going to pass on to the happy hunting grounds any time soon. I have another half century to keep you entertained. My only regret about death is I won't be able to read all the gracious chatter from those Org members whom dearly love me! I'd list your names but I only have four hours of free time this morning. :laugh:

That could possibly be your best post I've ever read! :rofl:

:beerchug:

i've thought about it at one point or another but then realized that most forget after a while. with the exception of a few people close to me (family), time & life itself presses on with or without ya. :laugh:

OK, well, more serious answer...after missing my Dad so very much (and it's harder every day), I was told that it's taking a long time to come to terms with his death because I loved him so much and he was a huge influence in my life. If that's true, and as much as it hurts to be going through this, I hope my kids love me the way I loved him, and miss me when I'm gone. I honestly don't care what others might think of me, but to my kids I want to be a positive influence in their lives, teach them lessons that they'll carry forever, maybe even pass along to their kids one day. :)

Beyond that, I hope my ashes are spread somewhere beautiful and that everyone smiles and drinks a beer for me...no moonpies though; I hate 'em :p

Back