Have you ever embarrassed yourself?

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I was heading home last night, when I pulled up next to a guy in a Grand Am. I thought nothing of it until I noticed his girlfriend covering here face in embarrassment as if she couldn't believe what was happening. I look over at her boyfriend and notice he's got the tough guy glare on his face, one hand on the steering wheel, eyeing the signal.

Apparently, he must have thought, "Hey, I've got 6 cylinders, and he's only got 4, I'll smoke his A.."

Light turns green and he guns it, so do I ... but somewhere in all the amusement I forget how to properly let go of the clutch and give gas evenly and jump out about 6 feet, stalling and almost falling off my bike.

I recovered quickly, and flew screaming past him at about 120mph.
Still, I can't help but think I have a reputation to uphold on the Busa, as a seasoned, unbeatable, experienced rider but I looked like a clown.

I'm sorry guys.

Practice, Practice, Practice "Little Grasshopper" and you'll get the feel of the release and twist down in no time
race.gif

Only when the WD-40 wears off on the kick-stand and I don't manage to kick the stand all the way up. Getting ready to take off from parking lot, tons of people around, just get done talking to some folke who were complementing my bike, shift bike from neutral to 1st gear.... and bam... engine dies. Restart, kick the stand all the way again, telling myself that I'll fix it as soon as I get home, and take off again trying not to let it bother me.

Anyone got a quick fix for the sticky kick-stand?

I was heading home last night, when I pulled up next to a guy in a Grand Am. I thought nothing of it until I noticed his girlfriend covering here face in embarrassment as if she couldn't believe what was happening. I look over at her boyfriend and notice he's got the tough guy glare on his face, one hand on the steering wheel, eyeing the signal.

Apparently, he must have thought, "Hey, I've got 6 cylinders, and he's only got 4, I'll smoke his A.."

Light turns green and he guns it, so do I ... but somewhere in all the amusement I forget how to properly let go of the clutch and give gas evenly and jump out about 6 feet, stalling and almost falling off my bike.

I recovered quickly, and flew screaming past him at about 120mph.
Still, I can't help but think I have a reputation to uphold on the Busa, as a seasoned, unbeatable, experienced rider but I looked like a clown.

I'm sorry guys.
Thats it!!! Give me your Busa.... You get my 900 till you LEARN!!!
laugh.gif

when my busa was about a month or two old I did a wheelie, saw a pot hole so set it down quickly and smashed the boys on the tank. Had to pull over real quick like after that one.

I look over at her boyfriend and notice he's got the tough guy glare on his face, one hand on the steering wheel, eyeing the signal. Apparently, he must have thought, "Hey, I've got 6 cylinders, and he's only got 4, I'll smoke his A.."
Not to get off topic, but one thing I have noticed since I got my Busa is SO MANY cagers flex their 4, 6, and 8 cycliner mucsles when they're on the side of me... whether driving or at a stoplight.

Number 1 offender without a doubt... drivers of older Mustangs!

I don't remember having the same experience with any other bike.

I love it when some fool revs up at a light. I usually rev back and position myself aggresively as if preparing for launch. When they smoke their tires and pull away as fast as they can, I take off as normal and laugh when I pass them on the side of the road as the officer is just getting out of his cruiser.
blush.gif
laugh.gif

This has happened to me twice now:
blush.gif

The other day I was cruising down the local road in front of the university (busy road 25mph) and came to a stoplight. When I started to leave the intersection from a slow roll (never came to a full stop) I failed to twist the 'ol throttle enough and killed it. DOH! To make matters worse I pulled the clutch in quickly and hit the horn button instead of the starter. So now all 100+ people who didn't see me stall the bike turned at the sound of my horn to see me, feet on the ground, pulling in the clutch to restart my stalled bike. I quickly rode off in shame.

This has happened to me twice now:
blush.gif

The other day I was cruising down the local road in front of the university (busy road 25mph) and came to a stoplight.  When I started to leave the intersection from a slow roll (never came to a full stop) I failed to twist the 'ol throttle enough and killed it.  DOH!  To make matters worse I pulled the clutch in quickly and hit the horn button instead of the starter.  So now all 100+ people who didn't see me stall the bike turned at the sound of my horn to see me, feet on the ground, pulling in the clutch to restart my stalled bike.  I quickly rode off in shame.
Busa will bite you...wheather you go fast or slow...thing is , you need alot of practice, so you don't do this-->
face7.gif
in front of the crowed...

dayum that, forgetting to take off the "DISK LOCK" afta talkin shytt and pulling forward throwing your busa on the ground as it cracks the front fender, breaks the mirror, brake lever, and scratches all the right side plastic, breaking the case basket cover. Thats the funny stuff. Watched that happen right in front of me. Nearly died laughin.

Guy pulls of STRONG at a red light to get attention but forgets to put his feet down, falling over while trying to impress the chicks.

when my busa was about a month or two old I did a wheelie, saw a pot hole so set it down quickly and smashed the boys on the tank.  Had to pull over real quick like after that one.
Similar here. Grabbed a bit too much throttle and up she came. Was so surprised I set her down too hard and my 'boys' slammed against the tank and manoman, don't want to do that again. Was with a small group of riders so I toughed it out and didn't stop to rest the 'boys.' Did I mention I don't want to do that again?
tounge.gif

The other night we were racing and I forgot to take it out of nuetral. I started to slip the clutch and didn't go anywhere. Felt pretty stupid after that one.

I NEVER use the kill switch to shut down my bike, always use the key. That way I don't accidentally leave the light on by forgetting to turn the key.

Anyhoo, I stopped at a convenience store to use the ATM and when I came out there were a couple of guys admiring the bike. Asked all kinds of questions. They were still there when I put on my helmet and got on the bike to start it. I press the button and, WTF, no start!? Try it again, no start. By this time I was getting a little embarrassed and frustrated. Look at the kill switch and it is in the off position. Flip it and the bike fires up.

I think one of my "admirers" probably hit the kill switch while I was in the store.
blush.gif

you can put this one under the "dumb blonde" file. While we were at the busa bash this past weekend I was riding copilot and taking what I though was some great video. After about 20 minutes my arm started getting tired and as I was bringing the video camera down to turn it off I noticed I had the cap on...&^#%@! We are now the proud owners of 20 minutes of wind noise.

I was going down a residential street at about 20mph. I reached up to pull my shield down with my left hand. Hit a pot hole, right hand goes full throttle, front wheel goes WAY up in the air, left foot comes off the peg. So im going down the road, traffic parked on both sides doing a one footed, one handed wheelie. I cant figure out if all the Jr. high kids walking home thought I was the sh!t or a moron! For some reason after I came down real fast, I thought about where uncleslapnuts came up with his name......

I was embarrassed and almost toast at the same time. I'm hesitant to actually put this in writing it was so stupid.

I was going to work one morning, one way street, 3 lanes. I'm in the far left, and the cager in the center pulls a nice smooth lane change, and I slam the brakes and he misses me.

I am really, really angry. I got into the center lane and caught him, and I am reading him the riot act in my helmet, gesturing angrily - and not paying attention to the upcoming red light. Yep, I whipped right into the path of not 1 or 2, but 3 lanes of oncoming traffic from my right.

Thank God they has just gone green and hadn't build up too much speed and were all able to stop. Thank God I didn't cause someone behind them to rear-end anyone.

I punched the throttle a bit, which brought the front wheel about 6 inches off the ground, and beat it out of there. As I got downtown, another cage pulled the same trick! I declined to comment to him - although this guy stopped in the middle of the road and would not approach the next stoplight until after it turned green.

This was 3 weeks ago, and I still feel like a major idiot.

Lesson learned - keep your emotions in check. My righteous indignation damn near got me squished.

I love it when some fool revs up at a light. I usually rev back and position myself aggresively as if preparing for launch. When they smoke their tires and pull away as fast as they can, I take off as normal and laugh when I pass them on the side of the road as the officer is just getting out of his cruiser.
blush.gif
laugh.gif
Funny you mention that. I did the same exact thing on my Katana about 9 years ago. Kid was in a Porsche.

Check my older posts, I told the whole story...

So far I have not become a victim of my own vanity.... could have very easily but didn't. You ever do something then think about what could have happened and how embarrassing it could have been.
My could have been story....
At the local hangout (the strip on belle isle if you know Detroit). Girls were watching and everyone else as we all pulled out to roll out. Well for some reason, I decided to do a burnout.. I don't do these things on the Busa
sad.gif
(my first and only time) THought about it as I was doing the burnout, stopped, then proceded to pull off and catch up with the other riders I was leaving with. Gave it a bit of gas after pulling off (little too much too soon) fishtailed it leaving a nice rolling burnout about 75ft before pulling the clutch and shifting gears.... the rolling burnout was unententional
blush.gif
but everyone of course thought it was cool... I was thinking to myself what if I had lost control and whipped ...??? that would have sucked... that is why I don't do that crap... stuff happens
tounge.gif

Back