Have a slipper clutch, but lost all gears after quarter mile pass

Motonutz916

Registered
I'm running aa1625 CC 311 horsepower all motor busa. Have a air shifter and a slipper clutch. After I did my pass and gear down properly at the end of the track with the front brake, I barely made it back to the pits in first gear. And after that now there's no gear at all. Is it a simple adjustment or am I in trouble?

Hello . Why a slipper clutch for a drag bike ? Sure you didnt smoke the steels / fibers ? what was your sixty foot time ? was it way off from previous 60' times ( slower ) Bar bike or grudge ? Small tire or street ?

Thank you for inquiring! Bike is a 1625 CC 311 horsepower Hayabusa gen 1 motor. I opened my bank account and gave RCC Turbo Richard carte blanche to my bank account to build the fastest street legal bike in Canada. So he threw the slipper clutch in which I knew nothing about which screwed me up to be honest with you I didn't I wasn't used to air shifting. But the run went just as normal as every other run and when I got to the end of the track it was just it just slipped on it just never hooked up so I was surprised that made it to the trailer. Not much information there but anything else you can suggest?

20141115_143552.jpg

Yeah I know how much it cost. Why did RCC turbo put one on my drag bike? Apparently from all you guys a slipper clutch has more fur downshifting. Excuse my ignorance. what's the main difference between a slipper clutch and a OEM clutch and why do people and what do people weld in the clutch when they're drag racing?

Thank you for inquiring! Bike is a 1625 CC 311 horsepower Hayabusa gen 1 motor. I opened my bank account and gave RCC Turbo Richard carte blanche to my bank account to build the fastest street legal bike in Canada. So he threw the slipper clutch in which I knew nothing about which screwed me up to be honest with you I didn't I wasn't used to air shifting. But the run went just as normal as every other run and when I got to the end of the track it was just it just slipped on it just never hooked up so I was surprised that made it to the trailer. Not much information there but anything else you can suggest?

View attachment 1600419
Perhaps this question would best be directed to Richard? There are a few details which aren't making sense to me.

Every time I talk to Richard to cost me a hundred bucks.I didn't check the friction plates or the steel plates in the clutch. It was 1.35 60ft (quicker than normal). Heads up quarter mile pass at London in Ontario. Has a 17 inch front wheel. Normal shinko rear wheel 19 in. Maybe I rode the clutch too hard out of the line I was nervous I was still getting used to all that horsepower compared to the 180 HP on my other bike where I dump the clutch at 10500with a 16-inch stretch.

There's no nice way to put this, you have no idea what you're talking about. 300 hp doesn't even give you the fastest Canadian streetbbike on this board, let alone the whole country. A 19" rear wheel isn't normal, a slipper clutch is utterly useless on a drag bike and I highly doubt Richard at RCC would charge you $100 to tell you what kind of clutch he put in your bike.

There's no nice way to put this, you have no idea what you're talking about. 300 hp doesn't even give you the fastest Canadian streetbbike on this board, let alone the whole country. A 19" rear wheel isn't normal, a slipper clutch is utterly useless on a drag bike and I highly doubt Richard at RCC would charge you $100 to tell you what kind of clutch he put in your bike.
Hahahahahaha…. I want full credit for NOT SAYING A WORD about this setup and story.

Fastest street legal bike in Canada? Let me put my turn signals back on and we can compare...lol
;)
Jokes aside, there's gotta be more to this story than that. I've also worked with RCC and have never had issues of getting info. If you are having him do work and check things, then yes, but not for advice. As for not knowing what's in your setup, that's an issue in itself. You may need to really go through what's been installed, how it works, and how to use it properly prior to making any other passes/riding. Just my advice.

Fastest street legal bike in Canada? Let me put my turn signals back on and we can compare...lol
;)
Jokes aside, there's gotta be more to this story than that. I've also worked with RCC and have never had issues of getting info. If you are having him do work and check things, then yes, but not for advice. As for not knowing what's in your setup, that's an issue in itself. You may need to really go through what's been installed, how it works, and how to use it properly prior to making any other passes/riding. Just my advice.
This guy is Nutz for real, check his other posts.

I think he meant slider clutch but my knowledge of that stuff is pure internet surfing. I don’t think the fastest Busa in Canada is too nervous.
to set the record straight.... his bike is a top of the line carpenter setup (all motor) 300 hp believe.... assembled by the best shop in Canada.... but he went over the top when he said he had over 100k in it...…. his mind is clouded…. a stage one turbo setup can see 300hp..... obviously he didn't know this.

300 hp NA might get him in the running for fastest NA Busa? Pretty sure a person might need to know a thing or two about setting up clutches though. Now I’m curious about how quick an NA Busa has gone (street legal). I don’t even know what street legal means, you can put a plate on anything with a V.I.N. here.

Back