have a few Q's on HMF high mounts.

77RRad.

Registered
I currently purchased the HMF Dual High Mounts.
those of you that have this setup or have seen this setup does the exhaust hit the passenger pegs or were you able to pull them off just enough for clearence.Any tips on installing this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ron

I don't have 'em yet...

Tell ya what - send 'em to me and I'll let you know if they hit the pegs and if they were hard to install. :laugh:

I currently purchased the HMF Dual High Mounts.
those of you that have this setup or have seen this setup does the exhaust hit the passenger pegs or were you able to pull them off just enough for clearence.Any tips on installing this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ron

Exhaust does not hit the pegs.
Should have come with some spacers to space the rear pegs out some.
Just be sure to check clearance between swingarm, pegs and all bodywork.

I only got 2 spacers. do they only go on one side?
do i just need to shim the can bracket and the pegs to where both dont hit or should it fit with no spacers behind the exhause bracket?

exhaust bracket goes against the sub frame. the spacers will go between the pegs and bracket. but i dont have passenger pegs on mine for now, so i dont know where the spacers will go.

Spacers on both sides with new bolts for the passenger peg brackets. BOTH sides. Biggest thing to keep an eye on is the left side pipe to the swingarm....check suspension rebound clearance and the pipe. Some peeps have scraped up the swingarm before noticing. Even bending the can hanger bracket some will help keep it off the peg.

The HMF highmount will rub against your swingarm upper arm brace. There is enough of a knurl in the mid-pipe to actually wear through the swingarm brace, because of the travel of the swingarm when the bike is in motion. I had to replace the swingarm on my Busa because of this problem, and the HMF people were absolutely no help. I finally decided to mark the mid-pipe at the location where it rubs, and then remove it and hit it a few times with a sledge hammer, putting enough of a dent to keep it from rubbing. You have to be careful not to punch a hole in the mid-pipe, but it's steel not aluminum so it can take a pretty good wallop. You'll need to rest the pipe on something that won't mark or dent the other side, unless you have a vice. I used a full size spare tire as an anvil, and that worked pretty good. You can't see the dents once the pipe is mounted.

CIMG0744.jpg

it is possible to get it mounted where it doesn't hit anything, it just takes time and a LOT of patience...i just kept trying different combinations until it worked :beerchug:

here are a couple pics (sorry about my butt being in the way but it is the best pic of the exhaust i could find from that angle :laugh: )

IMG_0760 (Large).jpg

img_0206 (Large).jpg

I have the same problem with my Devil High mounts. I have scraped up my swing arm pretty bad. I didn't notice it till the damage was done. :banghead:

Gonna have to replace the swingarm. I'm still trying to play with spacers/washers to get it to clear properly.

Best of luck to you!!

Its all about trial and test fit. Madhandle the pipes untill they are correct then tighten them up. Mine did NOT rub at all....and I have air-ride, so was moving the arm to an even lower possition. Older pics.

DSCN0944.jpg

DSCN0872.jpg

4.5 hours and the is removing and installing finally got them to fit.
My kit came with 2 spacers only so i cut them in hslf snf everything looks good and not touching the swingarm at all even compressed.
I will post pics when i get my regular omp back up and running probably a week or so and will also have pics of all mods done.

This is one side of the swingarm that I removed because of the wear from the swingarm travel. The pipe was installed by a reputable Suzuki dealership, and without rebending the pipes I honestly can't see how they will go on without coming in contact with the swingarm during travel. They fit snugly between the rear foot pegs and the swingarm.

swingarmworn.jpg

4.5 hours and the is removing and installing finally got them to fit.

glad to hear you got it done, that's about how long it took me to finally get everything to fit right...i hope you love yours as much as i do mine :beerchug:

I really like the sound of the exhaust. It was defently worth the 4.5 hours to install. what made it it fit better was i put the X pipe on the collectors and pushed the X fully on then put the Heads, Collectors, and X pipe all on as one piece.

currently i am running off my phone. once i get my comp back in a few more days and also get the rest of my mods done ill take pics and post.

Back