Hauling on rear S.W. stand or off?

billyerds01

Registered
Can anyone tell me if they haul their bike on a (redline) swingarm wide tire rear stand?

It seems to me that it may be a little more stable although if it bounces around the swingarm might get chewed up by the built in washers on the stand.

Not sure to haul on rear swingarm stand or off.

If your asking about hauling it on a rear swingarm stand supported by the spools or swingarm itself I would say no .
You need to have both tires on the floor of trailer and strap that thing down as tight as you can using two straps for each side so if one breaks which they do you won't find it layin over on your generator when you open it up .

Don't think it would be safe to carry with tire in air .
Too much bouncing may unsettle that thing and allow it to come off ?

Just me .
Others with more racing exp I'm sure will offer their ops as well .

I have hauled it both ways, but it was in a trailer with the front wheel in a chock, back on a stand. I quit doing that because of the reason Blanca stated. You are putting the entire stress of the tie downs and bouncing around on two small screws(spools). I would rather have the tire on the floor of the trailer and the rear end tied down snug and not worry about it.

Im going to assume its not a spool Stand being a Redline 240

I would have to say NO as well, Seems like it could vibrate to one side or the other and possibly slip off one side causing damage to the swingarm. Better safe than Sorry

I would have the bike in a front full wheelchock and the rear on a 240 widtire swingarm stand, not spools.

Dont think I need more that one tie down on each side. Ya think?

I would go with a couple of good sets of tie downs and a canyon dancer. With these things you will be able to haul the bike around to just about any place on earth.

I use the front wheel chock, canyon dancer, and run a strap thru (and wrap around) the rear wheel. Hauled mine from upstate jersey to baltimore with no issues. Used the same setup on my HD Dyna from MD to Canada and back no problem.

Back