Hauler Build.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Here she is in all her glory, a fine bit of craftsmanship. We just got it back to the shop and stopped for dinner. Pretty simple plan for it, leaf springs, plywood deck (painted), Cavialier wheels until I can find some Subaru wheels, and fenders. I'll paint it all white and silver to match the bike and car and be set. More to come as I progress.

ForumRunner_20130125_201112.png

ForumRunner_20130125_201513.png

ForumRunner_20130125_201112.png

ForumRunner_20130125_201513.png

Looks like a nice project! Might need a longer tongue! :laugh:

That's what she said. :whistle:

Have you tried to mount the rims yet Froggy? Not sure if FWD offsets will fit on that trailer.. You may need RWD rims.. Just make sure before you drop the coin on Suby rims.. :beerchug:

We think its the rear axle out of an old front wheel drive olds or caddy, something big. It's getting scrapped, I've got a new set of hubs and we're building the axle so fourth. The only parts of what it that'll be used is the main frame of it.

Currently on dinner break, gettin 'er done tho.

ForumRunner_20130126_174942.png

ForumRunner_20130126_174942.png

It was pizza tonight, chicken sammiches are only for the Skyway :whistle:

Not done, but I took a lot of crap off. Got her nice light, sorta. I'll spend the day tomorrow cleaning it up to be ready for the new steel ill get Monday.
Any ideas for decking? Im leaning towards plywood, but ill need to cover/paint it with something.

ForumRunner_20130126_204723.png

ForumRunner_20130126_204814.png

ForumRunner_20130126_204723.png

ForumRunner_20130126_204814.png

Rented a trailer last year to haul my Busa to Reno, had a expanded steel grating deck on trailer and worked very well. hit some real bad windstorm and trailer was rock solid.

It would be nice to have access to a shop with a floor lift!

Diamond plate would be pretty, but slick as glass when wet. I would look at a marine grade carpet or something like a rubberized spray on coating.

The lift was a back saver yesterday, thankful to glad to have it. I like the expanded steel idea for function, and the bed liner spray too, have to get some prices for both this week and see how that persuades me.

If you go with plywood look into at least Pressure treated, or if you have the funds, go and buy some marine plywood.
Not cheap but it will last!

Back