HATING THOSE STOCK ZX14s!

Yeah I am a firm believer that numbers and graphs on a sheet of paper don't win races....... Your bike may have more HP on paper and a shiny new LED dash but that wont get you across the finish line faster :whistle:

Yeah I am a firm believer that numbers and graphs on a sheet of paper don't win races....... Your bike may have more HP on paper and a shiny new LED dash but that wont get you across the finish line faster :whistle:
dyno's have never been designed to win races. wining races has many variables. dyno numbers from a quality dyno with a quality tuner don't have variables.

dyno's are there for tuning under WOT as well as a drivability tune which is nearly impossible to do on the street with any bike makn decent hp and to see what hp gains one made before and after when adding performance parts.

but ill bet if the new Gen III busa put down 227 hp and 144 ft lbs of torque at the crank (considering you lose approx 10% power to the rear tire ) with only an exhaust, ecu upgrade and tune you'd think the new Busa was pretty dam fast?

If you really want a fast motorcycle then send it to someone like POWERHOUSE for a turbo transformation. Bickering about brands and who's faster is an incomplete argument. We DEtuned my turbo Busa down to 240 horsepower and I can't imagine wanting to go faster than it does. If it's for competition then it's a different universe but street use? And anyways, if "your turbo" gets beat, it's easy to come back much faster after dialing up some more horsepower. How many posters on the org really ride their Busas on the edge anyway? By the way, another effective choice is rider training, not only do you make your motorcycle go faster, it's even safer!

I like the looks of the ZX14.... And I love the looks of my B King... and I do own a 2000 Busa.. But then again I never was one to have to be part of the crowd, when I bought my Busa in 2000 everyone said it was ugly. Now everyone wants a Busa...

Back