Hate to have to go in,but I think,no choice.Fuel injectors.

When dealing with turbo engines, err on the side of caution, richer keeps things cooler and minimises the chance of detonation.
Rubb's bike is a street bike and he needs reliability, he can't afford to lean it off to gain power. It gets very costly replacing engines every 5 minutes.
I reckon it makes enough power anyway . . even running rough, lmao!
Too rich will cause issues too, but there's more room for error on that side, you're right. I wasn't suggesting Rubb should run it lean, or try and gain max power, hope it didn't come across that way.

When it comes to the fuel system... be thorough. You can’t just assume the injectors are at fault, you need to look at the entire fuel system as a whole.
need to get it on a dyno
“Grounds threads to block”?
…...and no hammers required...….
Reason I'm leaning toward injectors is all of the down time this bike has had. 3000 miles/10 years old=not a good equation. I have to twist the throttle like a mad man to get her to start.Usually takes two or three times to get it to run at idle.So,with the lack of mileage and down time,I hope just injectors,but pump and filter will be looked at first aswell.I like to start in on problems with the most logical and economically friendly tasks first.What will I be out? Just my time,no worries there,got all day and then some.A few O-rings n' filters,perhaps a pump,etc,no worries.If that isn't the fix then I will consider personal bankruptcy and truck the bike off somewhere.
Rubb.

Yeah, start at the pump pressure test and the fuel discharge test. If you don’t have a fuel pressure gauge just check the fuel discharge rate.

Sounds like your pump and your secondary injectors are clogged up. I'd locate the fuel filters and replace those, clean the pump and flow it on a bench, then remove all of the injectors and have them cleaned and flowed. Fun stuff for Corona isolation...

maxresdefault.jpg

If you want something stronger buy the Gasoline fuel treatment at a Mercedes dealership. Its like 15 bucks. Ridiculously powerful and concentrated.
I shall try it next,thanks man. Right now I'm onto the Royal Purple.

If you want something stronger buy the Gasoline fuel treatment at a Mercedes dealership. Its like 15 bucks. Ridiculously powerful and concentrated.
I shall head out today and see if the nearest over-priced Bavarian shop has any of the magic elixir you speak of. Royal Purple's miracle-in-a-can...no go.
Sea Foam...nadda. I'm still covinced all that sitting has built up serious amount of green sludge. [ten year old bike,3000 miles,bad equation] but I will start at the top[fuel tank/pump] and work my way down.Have to wait on my buddies return to work...cant do it here in my underground spot.
Miss my shop,would have had this cleaned up by now. Covid :banghead: is really starting to bug me. O well,I still have you guys to bich and wine to.
Lucky you....

Covid is pissing off the rich folk...the Benz dealership was closed when I whent by today. No miracle-in-a-can to be had. :banghead:
Ahhh,such as life.

You know Brock has that Wynns power charge stuff that is pretty amazing. He has proven results with it on the dyno. worth a look maybe?

Rubb it really sounds like a clogged fuel filler.. Ive bypassed many of them and installed an external filter

Rubb it really sounds like a clogged fuel filler.. Ive bypassed many of them and installed an external filter
Ahhhh, me crazy Irish bastid to the rescue. I hear ya bro,always did that to most of my rides. Gr8 advice.

Back