Has there ever,,,

I thought I'd regretted buying my '03 when those red LE editions came out a year later. Red is my favorite color. Then I saw one in the wrong sunlight and damn if it didn't look a bit too pink for my taste. Regret gone :laugh:

They could have done better with that red IMHO

Wrong sunlight? ???

Maybe because I'm colorblind I don't see the same thing everyone else does but I have never seen my bike as pink.

No so much the colour as how its done.

The early models used some very nice paint.
Later ones used a coloured sticker for some of the two tone paint jobs.
The stickers have thick edges and look cheap and nasty.
Makes the bike look like it was a $5 kids toy finish.

Wrong sunlight? ???

Maybe because I'm colorblind I don't see the same thing everyone else does but I have never seen my bike as pink.

I'm not the only one who thinks so because when it came out, plenty here were saying the same thing :whistle:

When the sun hits it just so, there's too much pink in the paint for my taste. Other times it looks great. But, opinions are subjective and what one sees may not be the same as what someone else sees.

As I said, red is my favorite color. My Mustang is red (and faded too much after 20 years), brake calipers on my Busa are custom painted red. That red Busa missed the mark for being one of my favorites, but you know what - I HATE SILVER & GRAY. I'd never liked silver & gray cars or bikes; 2 most boring colors ever invented. I bought a silver & gray 2003 Busa 13 years ago :laugh: Go figure....

Last edited:
I'm not the only one who thinks so because when it came out, plenty here were saying the same thing :whistle:

When the sun hits it just so, there's too much pink in the paint for my taste. Other times it looks great. But, opinions are subjective and what one sees may not be the same as what someone else sees.

As I said, red is my favorite color. My Mustang is red (and faded too much after 20 years), brake calipers on my Busa are custom painted red. That red Busa missed the mark for being one of my favorites, but you know what - I HATE SILVER & GRAY. I'd never liked silver & gray cars or bikes; 2 most boring colors ever invented. I bought a silver & gray 2003 Busa 13 years ago :laugh: Go figure....

I'm with ya on not caring for most shades of gray and silver. Although the silver on the wifes last Camaro looked good, lots of metallic and a extremely bright silver, a little like the current ingot silver ford has.

The 08 blue with gold wheels is the ugliest....

....anyone with that color combination should promptly give it to me so I can save you from it.

I made the dealer change out black wheels from another Busa when I bought my 08.
BikeBus (2).JPG

Back