Has anyone used Avon Tires

Creekboy

Registered
I was pricing tires today....having a hard time getting a good price on the Pilot Powers...so I seen a set of Avon's..looked as nice and seemed to have good rating.. any comments are welcomed

Im runnin the 45/46 set right now. I love them, havent had them slip on me yet. Thay stick better than my 208`s and thay seem to be wearing better also.

I like`um plus there suppose to get better milage.

I like them.

Josh

I was gonna pick up a set of Avon's before I crashed...I heard they have a good grip/wear combo.

I was told that 45/46 ST combo was best.

Just FWIW.
cool.gif

I have never heard anything other than good things about Avon's. Supposed to be good tires.

I am kinda stuck on the Sportec M1's though... Seriously give them a shot if you haven't yet.

WELL MY WORTHLESS .02 cents. On my gsxr1000 I have ran Avon azaro II's and 45/46's and have nothing neg to say other than..... They dont seem to last as long in the center as some of the others. (pilots and m1's). They are one of the stickiest dayum tyres Ive ever rode. You can burp em they stick so well. On the busa, I cant get rid of the M1's. They are perfect all weather round till they start to wear.

Contential road attack tires are the most NON stickiest tires Ive ever used. Sumbeatches slide out on moderate curves. I wont push em to any extremes. It's a scarry feeling when you dont trust your kicks.

JD

Just the other day, the manager from Goodyear was telling me about Avon tires. I think I may check them out. I am currently using BT-014s.

I want to purchase some Avon tires....Does anyone have a good site where I can purchase the tires!

I had a set of the Avon's and liked them. Good stick and way better than stock longevity. The only issue I had was with the front tire cupping (after 6000 miles). I actually replaced them because of it, however, I could have gone another 2000 (at least) on the rear. I was good about tire pressures so I am not sure why the front went. Currently running Pilot Powers and love them.

I run Avon AV45/46 on my FJ & love them. I have one more Sportec rear to go through & then I am going to put them on the busa too. I have noticed that Avons tend to like higher pressures than most others, so I called Avon about my FJ & I am now running 40 psi front & rear.

I run the AV45/49 (st reat sp front) on the Busa and Kawi. OK'd by AVON tech folks. 42psi front and rear. Rear is good for 10K but I tear up fronts in about 7K. They last great and stick well on these big heavy bikes. Have a set on my big ZZR1200 also: 6K miles and the front is worn pretty well on sides but rear looks almost new.

Back