Has anyone tried www.buyoutofstate.com?

FJRider

Registered
Through a tip from the sport-touring.net site, I ended up buying my Busa via www.buyoutofstate.com. (actually Calmes Powersport in Louisana) Even considering the freight charges, the price was considerable better than buying locally. Just a minor issue of having to do some of the assembly myself (mirror, windshield, & battery cables), and warranty is the same.

This is the first time I've bought a bike like this. Prior to placing my order I did some checking with the BBB. No problems noted. Seem to be good folks to deal with too. Should be showing up next week, so I should have a follow-up, and pictures here shortly.

More info:

The Official Site Of Calmes Motorsports
Pay No OUT-OF-STATE TAXES for out of state customers.
www.calmesmotorsports.com/news_articles_recent.asp - 22k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.calmesmotorsports.com ]

Calmes Motorsports
2323 Florida Boulavard Denham Springs LA 70726
Phone: (225)791-2277
Fax: (225) 791-2279
Toll Free Phone: (800)932-5973

<!--EDIT|FJRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119723665 -->

SOMEONE IN GEN RELATED TOPICS PAGE 40 OR SO JUST SAID THEY ARE FULL PROOF. CHECK IT OUT

i believe you have to pay sales tax when you buy your tag and transfer you title. i bought a GSX 1000 in alabama ,no tax till i bought a tag in Florida $700 (ouch)

DBG: correct. It's the same for any bike you buy out of state, regardless of who you buy it through (I bought mine from an individual seller, and no tax was paid until I registered it here.

Back