Has anyone tried this?

Is there anything flat on the bottom of the Busa to set this on? Even with plastics off?

I saw these in the catalog and was interested.

$100 for a motorcycle jackstand isn't so bad, especially for someone who waste a rear tire every 1,000 miles. I'm tempted, has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/craftsmanjack1/
Looks very cool...  Better remove plastic underparts before using.

Please post more info if you get one and end out using it.

BTW - Welcome to the board!  Buy a shirt 'cause they rock and it's for a good cause.
Thanks vripley, it's as great a pleasure to join you guys as it is to acquire the ownership of this great ride. Really liked the camaraderie here and learned quite a bit the first hour I got here. I'm going to the local Sears store after work, will let you guys know how it works. Removing the plastics is probably a must, is it worth the trouble?

Thanks vripley, it's as great a pleasure to join you guys as it is to acquire the ownership of this great ride. Really liked the camaraderie here and learned quite a bit the first hour I got here. I'm going to the local Sears store after work, will let you guys know how it works. Removing the plastics is probably a must, is it worth the trouble?
removing lower plastic is pretty simple... Just 4 allen wrench bolts. Not sure if you will need to take off the front-lowers... I dunno where the exact balance point is... Also, rev brings up a good point... Is there a sufficient flat spot? Let us know and give detailed info like what jack model, what you need to remove, where you place it on frame, etc.

Thanks bro, Vaughn.

it's as great a pleasure to join you guys as it is to acquire the ownership of this great ride. Really liked the camaraderie here and learned quite a bit the first hour I got here.
Congratz on the 'busa! What year and color? Post some pics when you get a chance...

And, you will find that everyone here is way COo.oOL and patient.

Any question is askable... You know the old saying; "The only dumb question is one that wasn't asked..." yada, yada, yada.

camaraderie
it's as great a pleasure to join you guys as it is to acquire the ownership of this great ride. Really liked the camaraderie here and learned quite a bit the first hour I got here.
Congratz on the 'busa!  What year and color?  Post some pics when you get a chance...

And, you will find that everyone here is way COo.oOL and patient.

Any question is askable...  You know the old saying; "The only dumb question is one that wasn't asked..." yada, yada, yada.
It's a '00 maroon 'Busa with Yoshi pipe and a few other custom gadgets. Will post a picture as soon as I get a chance!

My neighbour has one for his HD.
We pulled the panels off the Busa and there is no real secure place to have it sitting on.
You could fab a system to hold it on if you wanted to take the time.

Speaking of lifts, if anyone is in Sacramento area (Citrus Heights), I don't need these two any longer so if someone wants to pick them up you can gratis......Bob

gr8 for Harley.....gr8 for quads.....older street bike....

not real...."Sportbike Friendly"

I have one .

My advice....skip the crappy bike jack....

Get a TATTOO

tat_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it would crush your exhaust pipes even if you take off the plastic. I wouldn't try it myself. Just get a swing-arm stand.

rubbersidedown,

OUCH! I hope that kanji means what we all think it means. There could be some Japanese conspiracy to make people look stupid. Instead of "Strong and Fast", it could mean "I miss my teddy bear".

Maybe I'm watching too much South Park.

Back