Has anyone tried this??

04Duramax

Registered
Tiger Racing

As mentioned has anyone swapped out to this air box? I was looking for something that could help me out a little here when the temps start soaring over 110 degrees during the summer.

It's bs, no matter how hot or cold your airbox is, consider just how short a period of time the forced air is actually in the airbox.
That airbox is wrapped in the same heatsheilding that's already around the stocker, only it's mounted to the inside of the gastank.
Best bet would be Water Wetter or the equivalent, as well as the ecu editor(which allows you to turn your fans on at a lower temperature...among other things).
Keeping your bike a few degrees cooler will make a difference.:beerchug:

It's bs, no matter how hot or cold your airbox is, consider just how short a period of time the forced air is actually in the airbox.
That airbox is wrapped in the same heatsheilding that's already around the stocker, only it's mounted to the inside of the gastank.
Best bet would be Water Wetter or the equivalent, as well as the ecu editor(which allows you to turn your fans on at a lower temperature...among other things).
Keeping your bike a few degrees cooler will make a difference.:beerchug:

I was kinda thinking that as well.. good point.. I just bought a bottle of Royal Purple Purple Ice (same as water wetter) I was going to add it when I get around to changing the oil on her.

wrapping the airbox will help slow down the effects of radient heat be absorbed by the plastic airbox's surface a little. As for hp improvements I didn't see any in my own tests and the iat temp was unaffected as well.

nitrousonthebike.jpg

I used one of the sunscreens that you shove onto you dash to keep your car cool. I taped it all together with Aluminum tape. The sunscreen is like chrome bubble wrap, works very well!

Back