has anyone tried this ? good info

Hmm I'd like to know as well. I hate messing with the coolant, I'd buy this if we knew it was safe and effective for the Busa.

Never heard of it, not sure why everyone isn't using it, I hate flushing an cleaning the coolant system :mad:

careful with stuff out there make sure its aluminum safe guys

I checked the site and wasnt really sure which was the best blend for the Busa. I'd be willing to try it on my next change if I knew which one to get.

Evans is very popular around here for use in 4 stroke dirt bikes that are prone to overheating and steaming in the woods (Husaberg and some KTMs as examples). It does nothing to make your bike run cooler, but instead keeps it from boiling over and loosing coolant when it gets too hot. The "never change" thing is good, but other than that, I don't see the need for it in a street bike application.

You are correct HillbillyTom, it does nothing to reduce running temps. I have used it in some high performance Porsche builds and ran up to 20 degrees warmer than a 30% antifreeze mix. It does have the advantage of less pressure due to less thermal expansion and an extremely high boiling point but most engines were not designed to run in the 230's. Any high performance engine that creates heat rapidly shouldn't use this, it sheds heat much slower than conventional coolants. I refuse to put it in any of my performance builds anymore.

For fleet service, I believe it's fantastic. I would probably run it in my daily driver F250 if the cost wasn't as high as it is. For the Busa I would recommend 25% antifreeze to 75% water with some Water Wetter (or similar) added. Running 50/50 is a waste of antifreeze in most conditions and doesn't cool as well as a lesser concentration unless you in fact run your Busa at temps lower than 0 degrees F.

I think I'm gonna try it with the build I'm doin right now. I'll let ya'll know with updates how its doing

Back