Has anyone traded their bike for a car/truck, etc?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Toying with the idea of getting rid of the Busa for a Jeep. Haven't ridden her much this year, the little guy is 10 months old today and it's got me wondering how much I'll actually ride in the next few years..

My parents recently retired and bought a place "up North" and I could store a Jeep up there and trail ride on the weekends with the whole family. Spend more time with my Dad, etc and take little man with.

Has anyone done this and actually had it stick. I'm sure I'll miss the bike, I've been riding for 33 years pretty much solid. It's in my blood. Just trying to get ideas from others who may have thought about it or have done it is all..

Dont do it.... Buy an older Toyota pickup for the up north trail riding with the family.... Cheap and bulletproof

I looked into that last year and car dealers will take them but for like .50 on the dollar. You're far better off selling it and using the cash as a down payment. Even if you short sale it for like $7500 so it goes quickly. The most I was offered for mine from a car dealer (and I checked with 3 dealers and Carmax, who will buy from you even if you don't buy from them) was $3500! The rest of the places offered $2900-$3300. There's a few people in the org looking to buy right now and I think one of them was from MI. I had a member PM me the other day to check on a bike here in Houston for him because he was (pretty sure anyways) from MI.

I bought a jeep for the wife. 98 TJ...(Wrangler in the U.S.) with the 4 cyl. They are junk motors. At 70,ooo miles number 1 piston dissintegrated and fell into the pan. No abuse,and you guys know I look after my vehicles.

Friendly warning.:thumbsup:

RSD.

I bought a jeep for the wife. 98 TJ...(Wrangler in the U.S.) with the 4 cyl. They are junk motors. At 70,ooo miles number 1 piston dissintegrated and fell into the pan. No abuse,and you guys know I look after my vehicles.

Friendly warning.:thumbsup:

RSD.

My buddy had a 2001 with the 4cyl engine and his blew up at like 80K so we swapped it out for a straight 6.

Im sorry but I agree with most on here.... A lot of my friends got into the whole "Jeep" craze and they almost sucked me in as well but luckily I managed to avoid those pieces of chit :banghead: They are absolute junk IMO % of my friends had them ranging from all years/ sport packages/ and engines etc. and they ALL had something go wrong with them at some inopportune time :bomb: Sometimes it was minor and sometimes it wasn't..... Needless to say NONE of them have jeeps anymore and their wallets are a helluva lot fuller :whistle: To trade your busa for that "lawn ornament" should be a crime against the Org :laugh:

I looked into trading my 08 in and could not get anything for it. I sold it on craigslist for 8700 with in a week of posting it. Then I went and bought my truck. I really miss the bike but knew I could not enjoy it as much as I would like to. (Bad Back) I really love my truck but loved the bike so much more. Health issues made me sell my bike. You can find plenty of used Jeeps where the ins. is not that bad. Just a thought. Best of luck

Bike must be close to paid for, right? Cut the coverage back to liability & comprehensive only, save a bit over the winter and buy a cheap truck next spring that can stay up there with liability only. Patience is your friend. Once I stopped buying the latest & greatest, my toy collection grew. I have one car payment, and truck, bike, & cutless are paid for. I've had several jeeps (slow learner), but they make crappy cars and are too big and expensive to really off-road. Get a 4 wheeler instead when toy budget grows. I have a picture of my son sitting on my last gs1100 (before the busas) at only 18 months. Practically a family heirloom and for the last 8 years, he has been my primary riding partner. Luck to you!

Back