Has anyone seen/purchased one of these?

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
superbikestandno1.jpg

It's the one using the swingarm pivot holes.  The company that makes this model abbastands.co.uk sells them in Canada for about $215 USD (not Canadian).

I'd like to find something cheaper, or if anyone has any other ideas about lifting the bike using the swingarm holes.  I'm looking at changing the rear shock, and can't use my spools at the end of the swingarm.

Thanks.

For a very inexpensive method I've done what another member of the board suggested.

Buy a a 24" length of 5/8" threaded rod (3/4" would be preferable but it's too big) at any home improvement store. Should be less than $10. Slide it through the pivot so it's protruding on each side.

Put a jack stand on one side and use some type of jack on the other to begin lifting. Every few inches reposition the jack stand to be sure it's not tilting.

And be sure to do this on a hard surface - I use my concrete garage floor. It's very stable and easy to do. And best of all if you already have jack stands and a jack (I use a scissors jack from one of our cars) It costs less than $10!!

Hope this helps
cool.gif

Back