has anyone removed the tank grip?

busa186

Registered
Getting ready to put a bikeskinz wrap on the bike and I think I will leave the stickers on the tank on but I wanted to remove the grip that runs down the middle of the tank. Anyone done this?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

??? ??? ???

Not sure what your referring to

Is there a Tank Pad that your talking about.

If your talking a grip pad or tank protector sticker they usually come off pretty easy.

Get it warm via sunlight heat gun or dryer and then use something to get under an edge. Fishing line or a credit card can help then peel it off slowly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Might as well take those stickers off while your at it, there just going to show up under your wrap

Might as well take those stickers off while your at it, there just going to show up under your wrap

That's what I was afraid of, going with the sharpie lambo theme so I thought it might get lost in the pattern. Guess I will need to stripe the clear and get to work. Has anyone seen the utube where the guys put an iron on the stickers to remove them???
Posted via Mobile Device

??? ??? ???

Not sure what your referring to

Is there a Tank Pad that your talking about.

Thought it was stock... I have limited 06. It looks like it will peel right off. I would post pics but computer is down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thought it was stock... I have limited 06. It looks like it will peel right off. I would post pics but computer is down.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can heat it up with a hairdryer and it should peel off slowly, this will also work for the others.

Back