Has anyone her delt with Workmans comp?

Macfast

Never Forgotten
Has anyone here delt with Workmans comp?

Has anyone had a good experence with them
Any words of wisdom
Seems im between a rock and a hard place with trying to get some moneys coming in.
Work will not start short term disablity because it may {better) be a workmans comp case 3 weeks out so far and they just called today
I lawered up and now dont have a clue when workmans comp will get started
So Im selling off some of my 401k to pay for everyday stuff
Has anyone had a good experence with the comp people???

Last edited:
Not a lot of experience with workman's comp, but I review my clients' company sponsored disability coverages with them and they don't realize just how limiting it is. And it's between you and the carrier not your actual company regarding the coverage.

This is why it is so important to carry a comprehensive "own-occ" disability policy ("own-occ" means if you were not able to perfprm the specific duties of your job but could do something else, you could collect disability from the DI policy and still get paid from the other job simultaneously).

People fully insure their cars, bikes, boat, house, etc. but don't insure the #1 asset in their portfolio - their ability to make money. If you had a machine in your garage that printed out your household income every year how much would you insure that machine for? See what I'm getting at? Could you imagine your situation if you were never able to get back to work? Even if your LTD paid it would only last until the carrier got a doctor to say you could be gainfully employed by sitting in a toll booth. Regardless, many group LTD policies run out after 24 months.

Sorry, but I don't know enough about your actual workman's comp plan to comment.

Last edited:
I do have my own Aflac Work is being and ass and not wanting to fill out my disabilty forms because Im not getting Aflac from then WTF It's not costing then a thing
That Duck is nice but it takes a while to get all the paperwork filled out and returned
Wish me luck :please:

Looks like you have a case then. Sounds like they're pissed because you're not contributing to their AFLAC program...why not BTW? Just don't let up and stay on their asses!

We were recently taken over [assimalated] one week and a day before bite by an other company and they have not offered it to our area

Looks like you have a case then. Sounds like they're pissed because you're not contributing to their AFLAC program...why not BTW? Just don't let up and stay on their asses!

Last edited:
I know it took almost two months before I finally received workmens comp. Luckily I had money set aside for such emergencies so I could keep up on my bills. I also called my credit card companies to let them know as well since I had some coverage for my credit debt. Luckily the comp coverage I had was something like 90% of my salary vs some people only having around 60%. I hounded the comp company at least every day on the progress and always kept notes on who I spoke to, what we spoke about, and logged the date and time. This allowed me to really push things when they dragged their feet. It's always seemed like I had to speak with a new person each day and re-tell my entire case history.

Diving into your 401 should really be a last resort. Any moneys in there will be take some time to replenish and you also will have to pay tax on the withdrawel.

Last edited:
I was just out for 3 weeks. Went back to work on the 12th and got the comp check this past wed 20th. I wasn't expecting it till sept. Still jumping thru the hoops for aflac.

Back