Has anyone had their wheels painted or powder coated with a High visibility color?

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone had their wheels painted or powder coated with High visibility color? Kinda of bored with my wheel set up now. Kicking around the idea of having them done in black chrome or even a high vis color. Most likely the high vis orange.

Re: Has anyone had their wheels painted or powder coated with a High visibility color

I know that you could go anodized or powedered..I like powder, don't belive the hype about hard to keep clean

The key with powder is wipe WHILE DRY then it's all good...

Cant wait to see what you do, Im kinda thinking that way myself....:whistle:

Re: Has anyone had their wheels painted or powder coated with a High visibility color

I'm going with a bright hot rod red kinda color, they quoted me $80 a wheel if it needs stripping first. Let me know what your quotes are cuz Idk if that's high.

I'm going with a bright hot rod red kinda color, they quoted me $80 a wheel if it needs stripping first. Let me know what your quotes are cuz Idk if that's high.

Seems high to me, there is a local shop that does a real nice job on wheels for about $40-$50 a wheel. Although, you are in CA and everything is overpriced out there.

Agreed. I do work in a fab shop, and a company we work with repairs commercial vehicles, they do coke trucks red wheels. They will do them for free but is there different qualities of powdercoat?

theSkaz just had his coated and he paid like 55 per wheel.

Has anyone had their wheels painted or powder coated with High visibility color? Kinda of bored with my wheel set up now. Kicking around the idea of having them done in black chrome or even a high vis color. Most likely the high vis orange.

Check out the RSV Aprillia's from a few years back.

I had the wheels on both my bike and my wife's bike powder coated in gloss black, came out very nice. Also had one of my buddies bikes done an 'electric blue' that came out very nice. Will post pics when I return from this business trip...

I powdercoated my wheels in gloss black. I quote people $60 a wheel with sandblasting. black chrome will NOT come out like Chrome. it will have a dull look.....I don't really care for it. But Yes I have done a high vis green which came out awesome!

I have black chrome on mine. $650 exchange.

IMG_7522.JPG

I was going to have mine pc'd for $50 a wheel, but I would have to replace the barings and seals plus labor it was like $500.

Had my Buddie paint them for the cost of paint.

He did his in bright green and mine red.

aefdd46b-c21a-c4a9.jpg

aefdd46b-c240-f248.jpg

I powder coated my wheel white on the rear of my 99 900rr. Looked great and was easy to clean.
Posted via Mobile Device

florredwheels.jpg

This is moments after my wheels were painted a 50/50 mix of House of Kolors Florescent Hot Pink and Florescent Red .
It's fun while it lasts , but UV sensitive ... starts fading in a few months of limited exposure .

The fading of paint is exactly what I don't want, and what about tire install with paint? Chips?

We always paint rims with (preferably new) tires on .
That way , by the time you change tires again , the paint is FULLY cured .
I change my own tires , and well cured paint holds up perfectly well to tire changes . I use plastic from anti-freeze jugs cut into large pieces as rim protectors . Works marvelously .

That day glo paint over a white base is about as bright as you can get. You will be seen from a great distance with just a little bit of light reflecting off the painted surface (street lights / headlights)...if that is what you are after.

Here are pics of my wheels and my buddies...they're both dirty, just finished an early morning Blue Ridge Parkway run!

The blue bike is mine, white bike is my buddies.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309611531.214496.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309611575.300962.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309611610.720790.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309611652.121157.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309611690.167831.jpg

Back