Has anyone done a 240 on a stock arm?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
Is it possible to do the 240 on an 8.5 inch rim using the stock or modified stock arm rather than buying a streched like say the "Track Dynamics"? I just don't care much fo the long look of the extended arms. I have aqquired an extra rear rim and hub and am planning on sending it to Kossman to have it modified to an 18x8.5 and then will have it PC'd black. I want to keep the stock look but run the larger wheel. I have had enough with chrome and all of it's issues, that's why I got rid of the Warrior, she had a 280 rear on a 10 inch rim...

Any thoughts are appreciated.

It won't fit. Even if you get the wheel between the factory arm forks, the tire will rub up front.

That is why the wide tire arms are all goofey looking because if you look at it from behind, they had to do a lot of modifications to even get the rim in the arm and have it fit.

... simple tape measure math here... it ain't gonna fit in the given width..

plus it's stupid looking, and pointless... why you think they put em' on cruisers?

they aren't going anywhere, or turning fast anyway.

man grumpy -- still with the wide tire thing eh ;)
I went as high as a 210 on my rsw but found I like the 200 better.

If you have a good welder he can build a stock arm wide enough to accept any wheel but you will need spacers and it will look weirder than the trac arm.Do it right don't compromise your safety.

I seen a 210 on one and it looked real nice. Bottom line is if you do a wide tire kit you have to go with a jackshaft setup or the wheel will be off center and look goofy ass hell to me

I don't have a problem with the Trac Arm, if it is kept short. I just wanted to retain the stock look with a little more tire under there. Maybe I'll just save the cash and buy a set of aftermarket rims rim and slug a 200 in there...

It just looks sooooo skinny to me after having the 280...

ya I know where your coming from -- I take a second glance when I pull up to the house cause I dont see my 200 there in the garage. Then again the first time I headed into a corner at speed on the busa I instinctively braked and countersteered like I was on the Warrior and damn near ran off the road on the inside of the corner (a blip of the throttle remedied that quick tho ) .
Will a 200 fit on the Busa in stock trim?

200 is about the max unless you trim the chain guard then you have to watch clearance on the chain.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130725790 -->

Back