Has anybody ever heard of or tried this product??

1busa

Registered
Came across this and not sure exactly what it is or how it works?? This company makes these kits for a lot of different street bikes so somebody is buying em. Being a mod junkie I'm just curious as 2 the science behind it and if it's legit or some more good ole fashioned "snake oil"?? :laugh:

http://japan.webike.net/products/21744615.html

This sound similar to people hooking the crank breather hose to the pair ports. I think I remember reading somewhere that there was not enough flow to be effective. Drag cars and pulling trucks run the breathers to the header collector and receive some crankcase scavenging from the exhaust flow, however it doesn't work very well with full exhaust. To get truly effective crankcase scavenging a vacuum pump is needed.

That's amature stuff.

Professionals slap an electric turbo to the crankcase and create serious blow by.

If you search for PAIR sucker mod people say anywhere from 1-5 hp on a 'busa. Ryan Schnitz told me maybe 2, said GSXR1000s gets a touch more.
There is a some debate that it may cause oil starvation (on a wet sump engine) when you drop the cc pressure below 1 bar. If you think of it as a science experiment that makes sense.
You can make the same set up with a PCV valve, some copper tubing, clamps and fuel line.
IMHO it was not worth spending the 20 bucks let alone $400 on something that may or may not get me 2 hp and that may or may not cause me oil pressure problems.

Back