Has anybody been to Sturgis???

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys. I was just curious if many people here have been to sturgis. I have a hotel booked for next year already and I am going. I was just wondering if I am gonna be treated differently or have they pretty much opened up to sportbikes? The person that I am riding with is my old man and he is riding his Goldwing. I just don't wanna be hastled or have my bike vandalized while I am away from it at the rally.

Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

not in big numbers but there are some rockets there most cant say much lot of the bikes are jap cruziers most of the harley owners dont go to sturgis as they cant push there bikes that far
poke.gif

you'll be fine i've been there couple diffrent years on the busa and on my old VFR and never got hassled

Mabey some late night drinking and egos getting outta hand my have a problem ya know but ya still will probly be alright.

I know i'll be there this next year also with the new wife i'm hopeing at that point anyways so look me up and HillsRider he lives out there

I sincerely doubt you'll have any serious problems. Ok you may hear one or two people quietly put down "Jap bikes" to their significant other or something like that, but no one's going to kick your bike over on purpose while you are bent over brushing your chain or anything like that.

That being said, use your brain, obviously. There are probably certain bars in certain areas that it wouldn't be smart to swagger into wearing your Joe Rocket leathers, stride purposefully up to the bar, and order a Brandy Alexander with ice cream. Of course, this rule holds true for the most part in any number of "those" towns that have one of "those" neighborhoods.

Hey thanks Midnight....I'll definately PM ya before the event. You probably know where the best events are to go, and any shops and such.

I know some spots and people out there But Hillsriders knows it better since he lives out there i only get to visit once in awhile

You won't have any problems at all. It really suprises me how many people come up & make positive comments about the busa during the rally. Drop me a line when you start to make your plans & I will help ya out!
beerchug.gif

I have been there on a V Max, ZX-11, Goldwing and a Harley. Never had a problem. Most people are there for a good time.
I have had more people that ride Goldwings say negative things about my Harley then the harley people said about my Goldwing/Metric bikes.
People are people wherever you go.
I went to see Sturgis just to see it and got away from there to enjoy the great riding in the Black Hills.
We now go up there in June before all the crowds show up.

You will have a great time, some of the best riding in the country.

Yeah I have been there three times, and will be there again this year. It is so awesome, more and more sportbikes are going there. You will have a great time!

We will have to try & meet up.. see how many busas we can get together & take a run down Main Steet Sturgis!
super.gif
And then go for a real ride in the Hills.
beerchug.gif

I rode my 02 there in 02 and it was very cool !! The hard core 1%'s dislike the guys that trailer in thier bikes more than rockets. Its become pretty mellow except late night is cool.

I rode my 02 there in 02 and it was very cool !! The hard core 1%'s dislike the guys that trailer in thier bikes more than rockets. Its become pretty mellow except late night is cool.

Holy double post batman!!!...
beerchug.gif

That's a sweet idea to get all the busas there to head down mainstreet, way to represent. And yeah I would have to go for a ride with you guys cause the old man and my mom on their Goldwing wouldn't be too much fun..lol

But ya know the 05ltd is gonna be the fastest one there.. Just because of the color..
firedevil.gif

Dammit, I should have read your sig before I piped up..lol

(spkerhed @ Nov. 09 2006,21:31) not in big numbers but there are some rockets there most cant say much lot of the bikes are jap cruziers most of the harley owners dont go to sturgis as they cant push there bikes that far
poke.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
super.gif

I seriously doubt you will have any problems. Almost everybody that I met out there was just as interested in talking about the Busa as they were in cruisers.

Been to Sturgis many times . Nobody cares what you ride . The riding is supurb when you get out of S.D. Wyoming is great but watch the gas guage fueling up can be few and far between , a couple of stations I went to actually had an honor-system you fueled up them waited in line and told the owner how much you pumped .
No posted speeds once you leave populated areas but heed the "think" signs by the side of the road they post them wherever a fatal crash has taken place .

Back