Has any one used this?

lurk.gif

I hope they dont want you to mount the sensor with that.

I've seen these on never cars, but they mount at the valve stem, never seen a sensor like that.

(Bigbody @ Mar. 09 2007,10:54) $5 tire pressure gauge works wonders before each ride
+100000000

The main reason for these things is for run flat tires. (Run flats have stiffer sidewalls, so if the pressure is let out, you can't tell unless you have a sensor or you happen to check the Tire Pressure...

I'd stick to the old fashioned Gauge myself...

Requirements
This system includes SmarTire's 3rd Generation wheel sensor which allows this system to work on any motorcycle utilizing tubeless tires and having wheels with a nominal width of 3.0 inches and wider (the new sensors allow use on all wheels even those with curved drop-centers). The sensor mounting straps fit wheels 13 to 22 inches in diameter.
[/Quote]

Those are some big hose clamps!
SHOCKED.gif

5 bucks will do the job or better than 200 bucks instrument...guess I'm an old fashoned guy...
all_coholic.gif

(ToyKraz @ Mar. 09 2007,11:16) Requirements
This system includes SmarTire's 3rd Generation wheel sensor which allows this system to work on any motorcycle utilizing tubeless tires and having wheels with a nominal width of 3.0 inches and wider (the new sensors allow use on all wheels even those with curved drop-centers). The sensor mounting straps fit wheels 13 to 22 inches in diameter.

Those are some big hose clamps!
SHOCKED.gif
[/Quote]
No kidding!!!

Yeah I don't think they are good for the Busa, but that is just me...but a buddy did show me some cool valve stem caps that would work. They have a built in gage for the pressure you want. They change colors to red if it is too high or low and green if properly adjusted. I think I will get some of those.

I think you can get them cheaper than this one:
http://www.autoaccessconnect.com/tiairprinvas.html

A good visual inspection of the tires and checking the pressure with a guage before the ride is probably the best protection. There's always going to be the "Poop Happens" factor and no amount of money guards against that... that's when your Karma kicks in. It's been that way for me so far...

My thing seems to be "How many toys can I get on my bike" I do use a tire gauge before I ride but like I said before I love my toys!!!

DSC00008.JPG

(LCB @ Mar. 09 2007,16:34) Dude - is there anything you didn't buy yet?...
Really, I just started to order the parts for my NOS setup, and am looking in to an electric shifter. Oh lets not forget more carbon fiber!!!

If you do put those on, your'e gonna have a butt-load of stick on wheel weights trying to balance out a 1.5 ounce sensor plus the weight of the clamp.......

Save yourself a lot of money and get a pair of these valve stems . Shows green when good , Yellow when getting a little low and Red means get to a station right away .

valve_stems.JPG

If there were a motorcycle version of Air Force 1 - 05BusaLe is ridin' it!

(pward76 @ Mar. 09 2007,17:58) If you do put those on, your'e gonna have a butt-load of stick on wheel weights trying to balance out a 1.5 ounce sensor plus the weight of the clamp.......
Naaaaaa, Just add 1.5 ozs under the clamp oppisite the sensor? Gotta check and see what the break point is on one of those hose clamps, would'nt be too good if it let loose at 150mph
rock.gif

Back