Harley vs Fireblade, who wins?

Big Bo

Registered
Harley vs Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have been different if the chopper hadn't kept running into the sportbike's lane. Or if the guy on the sportbike knew what he was doing in a drag race. Either way, that hunk of bolted rust was faster than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

I have had that done to me a LOT. It is because the harley rider can give it full throttle and go. On my BKing I have to get the clutch out without pulling a wheelie, and then hammer the throttle. So the Harley is quicker off the line but when I go past 6000rpms in first the rocket thrusters kick in and you fly by them like they are on the brakes hard. It is just the mismatch in power and technique. My Harley friend knows this so he enjoys the holeshot till I scream by!:laugh:

I have had that done to me a LOT. It is because the harley rider can give it full throttle and go. On my BKing I have to get the clutch out without pulling a wheelie, and then hammer the throttle. So the Harley is quicker off the line but when I go past 6000rpms in first the rocket thrusters kick in and you fly by them like they are on the brakes hard. It is just the mismatch in power and technique. My Harley friend knows this so he enjoys the holeshot till I scream by!:laugh:

Has a lot to do with torque. But as you mentioned HD is redlined when you are hitting your power band. :).

Prime example of skill vs technology :whistle: Nine times out of 10 the better man will win...........not the better bike That kid should go trade his bike in for a moped :rofl:

Back