Harley V rod

reward69

Registered
While coming up an on ramp to get on the hwy the other day, a guy on a new V Rod was behind me. Of course once we merged he kicked it and went past. Now granted its a bike and has good power to weight ratio, but dang, I was thinking all this thing is doing is making allot of noise. If I wouldnt have had my son with me I would have give him a little dose of 380hp Vortec Max Chevy?@? Yeah I know he would have still ate my lunch, but my thought was, if I was on my busa he would have twisted the throttle off the thing when I blew by. This was the edition that has the big rear tire, like a 240 or so, it looked really good but I thought they ran better than what I witnessed.

Never was impressed with anything Hardley Davidson made Yes I spelled Hardley insted of Harley...

Must a been the "Screamin' Eagle V-Rod " ? Looks pretty sweet for a Hardley !

my buddy has an 03 and yes, it's has alot of snap off the line. i believe they spit out about 103hp give or take. i could be wrong so don't quote me. trust me, the busa definately dusts this bike, i can attest to that.
super.gif

i believe they are supposed to pull about 115 or so and decent torque.. 80 or so i believe.

horrible resell from what I"ve seen/read/heard.

pretty though.

i like them but sitting on them is like sitting on a snowmobile. you are always trying to hold on the bars to keep from flipping off when you hit the gas. if the seating position was more like a sport bike it would be a supper bike. just my 2.5cents

(ranman @ Oct. 08 2006,06:50) i like them but sitting on them is like sitting on a snowmobile. you are always trying to hold on the bars to keep from flipping off when you hit the gas. if the seating position was more like a sport bike it would be a supper bike. just my 2.5cents
Take a look at the controls on the Street Rod and Night rod version. You might like them better

wide.jpg

yea thats what i`m taling about. now i want one. i would like to ride that.
beerchug.gif

I test rode one last Sat., and I was impressed with the bike. It was a Street Rod, and it made pretty good power. The only Harley I would consider.

My wife has most of her family in wisconsin and some in Chicago Ill. She is trying to push me in the Harley direction. I would rather have a busa or the big new Boulevard but she is having a fit that I get one. Go take a look around the v-rod sites at common issues and that will be enough to push you away. An 18,000 dollar bike that is in the shop more than on the road yup its 100% harley.

I know a couple people that have owned harleys and the only ones they will purchase any more are the buells.

The Rod is a great looking bike but there are so many little niggling things going wrong with them that havent been fixed or updated in later year models that anyone who does any research would stay far far away. When I asked on the site why there were problems on all the bikes from years before and why harley hasnt updated the desing to include a fix they got all defensive. I told them that it was a valid question a gas gauge that didnt work on the 1st year model hasnt been fixed by the 5th? There are tons of things like that wrong with the bike that will keep it getting worked on.

The worst part is that the Harley-ites took my questions personally and started sending me nasty pms and I got banned from the site. Just goes to show you that the more harleys change the more they and their riders stay the same.

-vJ-

Definately the funnist & fastest Harley I ever rode, but is a slug compared to the busie. Wish I coulda kept her though. Loads of FUN! ( for a Harley )

vrod_038b.jpg

the only harley i would own, or have owned. it turns 120 hp for the motor.
at the rear with pipes and fuel mangement around 109 to 113 hp.
she is a twin cylinder. with alot of torqe. this bike would be a powerfull ride for alot of people. but any one being used to the busa it would not be more than a snack for you ride.

The Night-Rod, a blacked out version of the street rod, is the only harley that I would ever own. The harley boys at my job, say thats it's not a real harley and shouldn't even have the name on it. I tell them, that if harley is going to continue to compete, their going the have to up-date their bikes.

My boss is a harley guy and has been for quite a few years -- he says never again tho -- too many problems and quality is goin to chit
Says his next bike will be a goldwing

My boss is an AVID rider and has owned several makes/models from Ducati's to Triumph to Suzukis. He was in the market for a "sporty" cruiser and test rode a Night Rod for a day. He was seriously considering it until he spent a day on it. The workmanship just isn't there. He was very unimpressed and even sounded disappointed that it was such a let down.

There are so many other bikes out there that just surpass the V-Rods in every aspect: performance, reliability, and overall workmanship. The M109 for example...

By the way, the boss ended up buying a Triumph Rocket III 2300 cc. What a GREAT bike.. and talk about TORQUE!!! It DESTROYED my Busa in a top gear roll on to about 110 mph.

(SpeedGeek @ Oct. 09 2006,23:20) Triumph Rocket III 2300 cc.  What a GREAT bike.. and talk about TORQUE!!!  It DESTROYED my Busa in a top gear roll on to about 110 mph.
Did you forget to downshift???
No way you should have lost that race, torque monster or not!!!

Back