Harley V-Rod

det45

Registered
Anyone know how fast a Harley V-Rod is? Theres some dude I see going to work almost daily and I think hes trying to pick a race with me on my gen2 busa. Also he has a little silver bottle mounted below his seat, maybe spray...

Vrod with a good rider ran 7.5x at bike night last year. 1/8 mile track. V-rod destroyer (factory drag racing version, hot motor, slick and bar) ran 6.5x with a 200lb rider. My bike stock motor gen1, 6 inch arm ran 6.17 with a 260lb rider (Me!). You will murder him. Don't be afraid of a bottle, on the street it's gotta hook first.....:whistle:

Last edited:
yea bro, i've ridden a vrod before. imagine a busa, then take away 50 hp and add 300 lbs. that's what you're running against. your gen 2 will destructificate him.

Anyone know how fast a Harley V-Rod is? Theres some dude I see going to work almost daily and I think hes trying to pick a race with me on my gen2 busa. Also he has a little silver bottle mounted below his seat, maybe spray...

Race him with your gen 2 in C mode. That way at least you can keep him in the rear view mirror.

its a harley.....

definately not fast, even with nitrous.

not even worth a race if you ask me, unless he wants to give you some money.

I had a v-rod in the stable for 4 years and can tell that it's a lot eaiser to launch so he may jump you off the start but you should be able to reel him in quickly. Then it's all over!

Keep your distance, if he does have spray, that Harley may explode when he hits it !

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can see it now, spare Harley parts blown all over the road...
:laugh:

the bottle is probably for an air shifter....if it where nos...he will probably grenade the motor by using it..
also so you know it is against the law to drive around with nos on public highways....not that that stops me ....lol

I see that theres not much respect for the harleys on this site....:laugh:

Well to be fair, the VROD is probably the only modern technology that Harley has introduced in some time as far as engines are concerned, and I belive that Harley outsourced the design of that motor and worked with either yamaha or ford motors to help build the VRODS motor. I could be wrong on that, If I am, im sure I will be corrected... All things considered I just think that the Harley brand is not worth what they want to charge, in addition to just old technology. I think they are far better for cruising than racing, even a VROD...

Take him. Tell him you're not sure if your Busa can handle a VRod...hehehehe

Pump him up, them let the air out of his ego.

They are pretty torquey, but not fast on top end. I loved the one I got to ride, hope to own one in the near future, but that is for a whole different riding experience. :beerchug:

I miss my V Rod, was alot of fun as a Boulevard Crusier and way fast for a Harley. But it wasnt anything to the busa, not even close.

vrod 038b.jpg

my old man had one....i was a fan until i rode it.

i would rather ride an old aircooled GS or KZ for 1 tenth the cost.....

Back