Harley rider pre-ride check off list

Ok, ok...I'll admit it...I have a '76 Ironhead Sportster. For non motor-head types...thats a hard mounted engine with a right-foot shift. Now...I can't make this up....I maintain about a 9:1 ratio of work v. riding it. Usually I ride for an hour....then spend the next week reattaching everything that came loose or off. I actually had an exhaust pipe come off mid ride and a liscense plate..throttle cable...mirror....my wallet...

What a POS...I love my Busa!!! I will say the HD taught me a lot about fixing bikes though. Nothing like an AMF to teach you about finding oil leaks.

Now that is someone that loves to ride. Good for you:thumbsup:

The AMF's are known to be pss poor. Last HD I had wuz a 65 sportster. couldn't
maintain full throttle for very long without burning valves, 'cuz of all that cast iron.

Funny thing in the UK is that Harley's are big in the gay scene... all that leather and moustache's you see... bet you guys in the states didnt know that?

LOL

do they wear a patch over one eye :laugh:

yea I know..... it was wrong.....

harley.jpg

Actually Harleys are rock solid these days. My '02 Softail worked great. It's just that the scene is pretty boring. I got my first Sportster in '68. I've alternated between big rice and Milwaukee for years. The next bike will be a Geezerglide -- I'm 64 -- but I'll always keep "Big Red," my '07 Buddy...

South Park said it best.

Last edited by a moderator:
My checklist, btw.

Gear up.
Start up.
Warm up.
Mount up.
Ride out.

:D

--Wag--

Back