Harley Rider Pre-Ride Check list

Tached1300

Registered
A Friday funny, you may have seen this before it’s been around a long time. Feel free to add your own.

Harley rider pre-ride check off list:

1. Comb baseball player goatee and mustache
2. Spend 6- hours polishing gaudy chrome pieces. Be sure people can read the “Live to ride ride to live” statement on gas tank lid.
3. Assure suspension can handle at least 560 pounds of rider
4. Pack cell phone and have tow service numbers programmed.
5. Look in mirror and perfect the I’m a bad ass motherfucker harley riding scowl.
6. Affix tassels from daughters bicycle to handle bars for added gay appearance.
7. Test flashers for when bike breaks down (99% probability)
8. Put on your wrist brace to help carpal tunnel from all of the unnecessary revving
9. Leather pants
10. Gloves
11. Wrap around sunglasses
12. Skull cap (German soldier type for the real badasses). Remember to think about the SAFETY aspect/argument of loud pipes as putting that potato chip on head. The real tough guys here will wear a bandana over their face (some with a skull) to look really scary----ooooh!
13. CAT work boots (new)
14. Leather vest with some chapter like: North chapter of pig good time obese attention whore douche bags with fat ugly loud mouth wives.
15. HD t-shirt (of course). Because everyone needs to know what shop you paid $40 for a $5 hanes shirt at.
16. Remove baffles from pipes so EVERYONE can hear you going 18mph in 2nd gear at redline. Note: Most HD break down before hitting 2nd gear.
17. Starbucks gift card: This is usually your hangout how tough.
18. Call friends with similar ridiculous motorcycle (WW2 outdated technology garbage) and pathetic store bought image (gay pirate from the Castro) attire. Have them ATTEMPT to meet you at the starbucks without breaking down or crashing due to being distracted from looking at themselves in their chrome.
19. Five packs of Marlboro reds to smoke while riding to look extra cool
20. Slam a 6 pack of Zima prior to ride.
21. Saddle bags attached to pick up and store broken parts that fall off bike as you ride/push (if you can call it riding without laughing) that hunk of poop down

I will say the conversations I've had with many HD and metric riders always gravitates towards how fast their bikes are...generally if I am not on a bike....

I will mention what I ride but that doesn't phase them because it's "only" a 1300 which makes their 1500's more powerful in their eyes...

If I'm on the bike, it's presence changes their perspective somewhat but not totally for some reason. I don't generally mention how powerful it is...maybe I should I guess-it might shut them up.

I was asked to ride with a group of HD’s, they seemed knowledgeable of the Busa , and impressed with it. Ok group for the most part, but couldn’t hang on the ride, I was not riding hard, they just like to putt.

At what cost? I believe it was 25k + bike that is just laughable.
Starting prices at $29+k....

Live somewhere in stop and go traffic or lots of hills and the range drops dramatically...also I just read sustained speeds on a freeway drains the batteries fast...it has a range of 100 miles in perfect conditions and will charge to 80% in 40 minutes...

No thanks!

Starting prices at $29+k....

Live somewhere in stop and go traffic or lots of hills and the range drops dramatically...also I just read sustained speeds on a freeway drains the batteries fast...it has a range of 100 miles in perfect conditions and will charge to 80% in 40 minutes...

No thanks!
If you have the heated grips on the batteries only last half that time :D

Honestly it could go a thousand miles on a charge and I still wouldn’t be interested at that price. Besides, Harley Davidson has been building bikes for 116 years and they still have a reputation for being unreliable. Why would anyone think that they could build something as complex as an electric bike and do it successfully?

Honestly it could go a thousand miles on a charge and I still wouldn’t be interested at that price. Besides, Harley Davidson has been building bikes for 116 years and they still have a reputation for being unreliable. Why would anyone think that they could build something as complex as an electric bike and do it successfully?
Their bikes are pretty reliable now. I know a guy who has over 200,000 kms on his with no big problems.

Their bikes are pretty reliable now. I know a guy who has over 200,000 kms on his with no big problems.
They still have a 26% failure rate according to the story I just read. Suzuki came in with a 12% rate. What’s crazy is they have a 72% customer satisfaction rating. That’s brand loyalty for sure!

Yeah the 107 and 114 motors that came out in 18 had some fluid transfer issues and oil starvation. HD has since fixed. I had a couple of them. One reason why I got rid of my 18's.

Last edited:
My 2011 Harley leaked oil out of the oil cooler. I had to replace the rubber seals. It also ran very hot in stop and go traffic. I had to replace the handlebar bushings are the originals were toast at 3k miles. On the highway I was nervous to even ride it.

Harley did make a reliable bike, it was the Vrod when Porsche made the motor.

Back