Harley Livewire Priced at $29,799. lol

greg3852

Registered
Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle will cost $270.9 dollars per mile to ride.

Well, not every time you get on it. But with an upfront cost of $29,799 and an “urban” range of 110 miles per charge that’s how much you’ll pay for the LiveWire when it hits dealers this fall, the company announced on Monday at CES.

They’ll be a quick 110 miles, though. Harley says that the sport cruiser will be able to accelerate to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds. Other performance specs were not revealed and it did not clarify if the 110 miles represented its city or combined range.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-harley-davidson-livewire-priced-at-29799

Yeah..... Everyone on here knows I rep H-D hard but I can’t justify this Bullsh@t :banghead:

Don’t worry the rich Yuppies with more $$$ than common sense will eat this bike up believe you me. The average Joe can’t afford something like this and anyone with half a brain molecule would never drop $30k on a gimmick bike like this

With the exception of the CVO touring models this will be the highest priced H-D offered. I could buy a tricked out Bagger, Ducati, BMW, KTM etc etc and still have $$$ leftover for mods :banghead:

Thanks but no thanks I don’t even consider a ride an actual ride till I’m well over 100 miles down the road:mad: WTF am I supposed to do with that type of range? Your gonna see a lot of these parked out in front of Starbucks or Panera Bread just sayin......

My Harley Tri-Glide was a little over $30k when new, but I can drive as far as I want on it. Not limited to 110 miles. This is insane. They'll sell 12 of them.

My brother in law does marketing for a local dealer, we were laughing at this over Thanksgiving. He knows it's junk. His dealership is pissed at HD for requiring them to put in a charging station. They don't want any of the bikes, but Harley is making them put in a charging station regardless.

Can’t really credit them for producing a $30k garage ornament.....

Wanna produce something how about a current model bike with idk? Maybe rider modes!!! Indian has been in the game for less than 5 years and they already have rider modes and electronic windshield on their Baggers

Your selling a performance H-D with the FXDR but it’s air cooled with less than 100HP, no rider modes, traction control or launch mode. So aside from the “performance” price tag it’s nothing new.

They can’t even update or improve upon their current models that they’ve been making for the past 20+ years???? Why jump into a niche market with a $30k turd!?!? :banghead:

I just dont see how this fits their business model, charge a bunch for underperformance check
ability to modify and customize missing that mark

I guess they can just sell a bunch of random chrome pieces for it?

Off topic, is the electrification of cars/trucks/motorcycles the way of the manufacturers finally getting us to stop modifying? I mean sure electrical engineers can tinker but the average Joe that likes to tinker no longer will be able to except for some cosmetic enhancements.

Wanna produce something how about a current model bike with idk? Maybe rider modes!!! Indian has been in the game for less than 5 years and they already have rider modes and electronic windshield on their Baggers

Your selling a performance H-D with the FXDR but it’s air cooled with less than 100HP, no rider modes, traction control or launch mode. So aside from the “performance” price tag it’s nothing new.

They can’t even update or improve upon their current models that they’ve been making for the past 20+ years???? Why jump into a niche market with a $30k turd!?!? :banghead:
Why would they need traction control or wheelie control??? Lol. Maybe they know something we all don’t. Tesla seems to do well maybe enough hippie with 30g are wanting a electric hog. I would say is I like the look.

The same can be said about our beloved Hayabusa, ok 11 years, half the price but same idea.

I just dont see how this fits their business model, charge a bunch for underperformance check
ability to modify and customize missing that mark

I guess they can just sell a bunch of random chrome pieces for it?

Off topic, is the electrification of cars/trucks/motorcycles the way of the manufacturers finally getting us to stop modifying? I mean sure electrical engineers can tinker but the average Joe that likes to tinker no longer will be able to except for some cosmetic enhancements.
Most people that ride don’t change their own oil.

First of all...get ahold of yourselves!
All of you!
Since when have Any of us expected great things from H-D!?
Ahhhhh....not never.
So they come out with a new sub-par motorcycle...and you're suprised.
That's trademark HD man, they don't just give you bold new graphics ever year, naw, they swap tanks, fenders and handlebars around and give that bastid a whole new name!
Now, they bodly go where no major motorcycle company has gone before, bringing an electric bike to market.
And here you're all shocked it's not better, lmao!
In HD's defense, they are the first, and being the first is part of what they will hope save and sustain the future of their business.
They are the first because the Japanese know it's too soon for electric bikes, because the supporting infastructure is not there yet, and neither is the market. Tree huggers may like the idea, but not afford the price, at least not in sales numbers producing profits for the factories.
Then there's the batteries.
The technology for range, size, and weight, at an affordable price, does not yet exhist.
Remember the big tv that's now 25% of it's original price, 3 years later? Same thing, only more people buy tv's than electric motorcycles.
I have no doubt that when affordable electric, sportbike performance, touring bike range exhists, the Japanese will have it previously perfected and ready for market.
Meanwhile, in the next 20-30 years, if HD and the rest of society look remotely as they do today, the generation of electric bike yuppies will have taken over HD. As it will start with having to ride your e-bike to the HD dealer to charge it, which is clever, because you'll go in and buy something while you wait...which is where world's collide...and e-bike rider meets die-hard bikers and die-hard wannabees, who'll eventually stop hanging out there, because the e-bike guys will have to be there as one of their charging stations.
They'll get coffee too, as in chain coffee shops in house...since the e-bikes will be there...charging, gotta do something while you wait, apparently.
So the shift will slowly happen, and as older die-hard generations age, govt regs and future tech creates more and better e-bikes...HD stays alive well into the future....at least that's what they're hoping....because if not......

Last edited:
Back