Harley joke

7th Gear

Registered
The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven.
At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward will be to hang out with anyone you want in Heaven."

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, "I want to hang out with God." St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room and introduced him to God.
God recognized Arthur and commented, "Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley-Davidson motorcycle?"

Arthur said, "Yeah, that's me."

God commented, "Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution and can't run without a road?"

Arthur was apparently embarrassed, but finally spoke, "Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of woman?"

God said, "Mm, yes."

Well," said Arthur, "professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention:
There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusion;
It chatters constantly at high speeds;
Most of the rear ends are too soft and wobble too much;
The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust;
And the maintenance costs are outrageous!!"

Hmmmm, you may have some good points there," replied God, "Hold on."
God went to his Celestial super-computer, typed in a few words and waited
for the results.
The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.

Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed," God said to Arthur, "but according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours."

jump9.gif

post_12_48046_Repost6.jpg

laugh.gif

I wonder if Harley's are really that terrible. I wonder if I should try a new one. I know for awhile back in the 80's or 90's or was it the 70's maybe all of them, harley's were extremely unreliable.

I would try one but I just don't like the way the look. They look smaller in comparision to others, well execpt the huge humogous ones that are on the top of the list.

My C50 looks way better than any harley in its class. Looks more of a bike, beefier, wider, bigger..........
race.gif

I work in a Machine shop and I'm constantly listening to all the gear heads talk about their Harleys and why they couldn't ride last weekend....
So...yea, they still suck.

Harleys are great for the speed limit riding, no twisty, don't go too fast, drink while you ride poker run kinda guys! There seems to be alot of those guys around and boy oh boy, do they have big egos!

Pulled up next to a Harley at a stop light the other day. Couldn't believe how much his bike was vibrating! No way he could see anything in his mirrors, and I was concerned that some hardpart was going to fall off the bike as soon as some of his nuts and bolts worked their way loose. Honestly, it was unbelievable how much shakin' was a goin' on! Don't know how those guys can stand it. Made me nervous just looking at it.

I like my HD Super Glide Sport but it is my last HD. It doesn't have any chrome, windshield, saddle bags and the seat is a solo unit. It has a Screaming Eagle Stage 2 kit in it which gives me--- a little more power for emergency passing. Harley Davidson should be embarrased for not bringing their products up to date in the 21st century. Things like radial tires, modern  braking systems, better handling and a lot more linear power. They are gonna eat it big time if they don't change soon!

There are no Harley jokes. Harley riders don't think they are funny, and everyone else thinks they are are true.
laugh.gif

Old joke. Still funny.

As for Harleys, I know a lot of people who own them and they like them a lot. I also don't know any of them that have had major problems with them.

But maybe they just arent telling me...

H D has made huge strides in making their bikes reliable; however, the cam shoes (cam chain adjusters) have proven unreliable on the TC 88 engine. I would prefer a gear driven cam set for that very reason.
rant.gif

Back