Harley, first miles

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
The stable is now full, added a Harley to the Husky and the Busa.

Husky = Getting dirty and catching air, while intimidating Harleys on the paving.

Busa = Flying low, while trying to stay out of trouble.

Harley = Cruisin around with Mama, catching air in the face and making noise.

So, for the review on the Harley, it's fun and comfortable and has enough power to match it's brakes and handling. :rofl:
I guess it's like a 67 Camaro, except Harley just kept on making it and it keeps selling. The dealer was quite an experience, compared to Zuk dealers, very busy, want to get you on a bike to test ride immediately, personal and the workshop has mechanics and bikes everywhere. Accessories, goodies and clothing everywhere, from a ECU flash computor to a bike bell. Amazing that this formula still works so well.
I guess I will never understand the consumer, but Harley sells more than anyone else and if they try to get high tech like the V-Rod, the sales don't compare and it loses value fast. If they had to build a high tech sports bike, no one will touch it, and Buel is gone?

Burlington ride 004_edited-1.jpg

Heard of the saying: "If I have to explain, you probably won't understand?" No doubt you know what it is about now :beerchug:
P.S. Still have the stock pipes? :whistle:

Nice bike! I've been thinking about picking up a Glide for long trips with the SO. Unlike the majority of Harley owners though, I'd keep it fairly stock. Modding a Harley seems laughable to me - why bother? Going from 65 to 80 hp on a 700 lb bike just means you upgraded from torpid to sluggish.

Hey if you spend like 10-20k and get to 130ci your can race stock 600 sportbikes and beat them out of the hole!!:rofl:

LINKY-Read me

Nice scoot! I wouldn't mind a cruiser sometimes.

Last edited:
Heard of the saying: "If I have to explain, you probably won't understand?" No doubt you know what it is about now :beerchug:
P.S. Still have the stock pipes? :whistle:

No doubt.. but the saying doesn't include "probably".. just "you wouldn't understand". It is true too. I'm a die hard sportbiker. I LIVE for the corners.. but after I spend 4 years working at an HD store & riding them all the time, I DO understand.

My choice for a bike to take Momma on would be a Streetglide.. Black and chrome. If I had the extra dough, I'd own one in a heartbeat.

Congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

Oh... and I HOPE you don't still have the stock pipes on it! :laugh: Stage one (HD race tuner, free flow airfilter & Screamin eagle cans) will wake that puppy right up. The sound will be healthy without being obnoxious.

Geez Willem, your gone for a weekend and you end up with a Harley. Ima hafta stop by and check out the new whip

Nice looking bike.:thumbsup:
I get to thinking, I wouldn't mind to have a Harley... then I get around some Harley people, and they change my mind again.
I think I could enjoy an Electra Glide, or a Road King, but I don't think I could ever handle being around Harley riders. The Harley BS is too deep, and my rider patience with them, is too short.:(

My neighbor across the street owns Rinehart Racing pipes. Want me to go look in his trash can and see if there's any "cans" in there? :laugh:

Last edited:
I get to thinking, I wouldn't mind to have a Harley... then I get around some Harley people, and they change my mind again.
I think I could enjoy an Electra Glide, or a Road King, but I don't think I could ever handle being around Harley riders. The Harley BS is too deep, and my rider patience with them, is too short.:(

I must agree with you, I always liked Harleys until I started riding and met some of these people, That's been 25 years ago. I have a few friends that are good people I ride with. I dont they like the "clique" either.

That's the bike my neighbor has! Looks like it's twin. He's desperately trying to get rid of it so he's come way down on his asking price. But he's too upside down and paid like $14000 for a basic Super Glide when he could have had one for $10,000 or so....they saw him coming :moon:

But, you're lucky to get the bikes you want!

I must agree with you, I always liked Harleys until I started riding and met some of these people, That's been 25 years ago. I have a few friends that are good people I ride with. I dont they like the "clique" either.

I will let you know about the people, because that is the main reason I purchased a Harley. Our County Commissioner runs the chapter here and it is a no booze chapter. (Guess to some that could end it right there, huh?:laugh:) Anyways, every second week-end almost 50 Harleys ride with this chapter, starting about 5 minutes from my house and they seem fun good folks.

Three week-ends ago we went into the mountains with my Husky on the back of the truck. At a gas stop some shady Harley characters tried to figure out what bike it was and I though I better be careful, just might get beaten up. So, yep, I understand.

Now you know why I'm a lone rider when I'm out on my Harley.!! :laugh:
Beautiful bike you've just acquired, hope you enjoy it.!!

Last edited:
I will let you know about the people, because that is the main reason I purchased a Harley. Our County Commissioner runs the chapter here and it is a no booze chapter. (Guess to some that could end it right there, huh?:laugh:) Anyways, every second week-end almost 50 Harleys ride with this chapter, starting about 5 minutes from my house and they seem fun good folks.

Three week-ends ago we went into the mountains with my Husky on the back of the truck. At a gas stop some shady Harley characters tried to figure out what bike it was and I though I better be careful, just might get beaten up. So, yep, I understand.

Years ago we were in a bar outside Atlanta(one of those where girls dance on a stage). Two guys have a few words. One has the full Harley dress up kit , bandana, and 125lbs of belly about 55 y/o. The other guy is probably working hanging sheetrock 6' 4" 200 lbs and has wrists about the size of my leg and probably does logging competition for a hobby. The fat hog rider refuses to get up and go outside, like he is being invited to do. He just kept saying, you dont want me to get up from here. lol
So the young guy leaves as the mgr has called the cops, and one of my co-workers who has probably never seen a street fight, says "that Harley rider would have killed him". I am still laughing.

:cheerleader: good for you! you can never have too many bikes. i love my 91 dyna sturgis and my Busa.

p.s. found you on the "other" forum :fight: and i think you should wear a kanji leather while riding that hog :laugh:

Im also a harley owner...which not many people know:laugh::laugh::laugh:09 fat bob.....Its an awesome machine....sometimes fellow riders wonder if i ride a busa why a hog...well look in my garage..ive got 2 cr250's 2 busas, a triumph a hog and pieces of a quad....and im looking to add more...i love anything on 2 wheels...ITS ABOUT THE RIDE..off course..the Busa is the Busa, and it will always be my weapon of choice....Good on ya!

I do agree on the attitude an when on the hog im usually solo unless sometimes conversation....the clique thing is gay to me, and nonsense ..no matter what you ride..its riding..

Last edited:
Be honest, how slow is it? I've heard the TC96's run alright for a Harley, stock. Is it at least adequate power?

I wouldn't mind adding a Heritage Deluxe to my stable at all. Actually going to the H-D museum later today. :D

Be honest, how slow is it? I've heard the TC96's run alright for a Harley, stock. Is it at least adequate power?

I wouldn't mind adding a Heritage Deluxe to my stable at all. Actually going to the H-D museum later today. :D

There is more than enough power up to 100 mph. Going beyond that and hitting twisties hard will not be safe on this bike. In 6th gear 55mph is right at 2,500 rpm, lots of torque. Unlike a sports bike, the rear brake is more powerful that the front, have not figured that one out yet. It's a cruiser, commutor bike. I believe it will do the 1/4 in around 13.5 seconds at around 95mph, but that is not what it was built for. Riding with a beanie helmet beyond 55 mph gets old fast due the wind noise. With a 3/4 helmet and some sort of face shield you can cruise comfortable all day, with a passenger. For me a full face helmet spoils the freedom when cruising.

I don't normally commute to work with my bikes, but the Harley may just change this for me.

Back