Harley Encounter and Corbin Report

Trout

Registered
I rode about 340 round trip today to have lunch with a friend. We met in little town in-between our home cities.

I topped the tank at a 66 on the way out of town, standing there minding my own business with a fuel nozzle in my hand, and this HD guy pulls in. It was cold this morning, and I was fully covered, but he had on the official bandanna, sunglasses, and black vest with all the patches and stuff. He was wearing official "colors", but I didn't get a good look at the back of his vest. He had a gray beard and was probably in his late 50's. His bike was a flamed RK or similar. He got off and looked my Busa over, back to front and back again. He started toward me and with a smile on his face, he said (paraphrased): "Yeah, that's one bad ax other-trucker." I was speechless. He came up and peered into my open visor, since that's all the skin that was showing, and said: "Yeah, you're about my age, have you ever tapped this thing out... see what it'll do?" I said, "no, it still intimidates me a little." Anyway, we shared some other small talk, but that was the highlight of the conversation. I've got one for the journal now. An experience for posterity to read about.

This was the first real trip on my new used Corbin. All I can say is... wow! It's as if my rear was rubbed with the finest lotion, then covered in rose petals, then set in a big pile of goose down. I've tried a lot of seats over the years on a lot of bikes, but this one takes the blue ribbon. It's like it was made just for me. I've sat on big sofa's that weren't this comfortable. And when I say "comfortable", I really mean "without pain", as opposed to "soft." The Corbin is not soft, but it fits me like a glove.

The Corbin style isn't for everyone, but this one works for me... for sure.

This was the first real trip on my new used Corbin. All I can say is... wow! It's as if my rear was rubbed with the finest lotion, then covered in rose petals, then set in a big pile of goose down. I've tried a lot of seats over the years on a lot of bikes, but this one takes the blue ribbon. It's like it was made just for me. I've sat on big sofa's that weren't this comfortable. And when I say "comfortable", I really mean "without pain", as opposed to "soft." The Corbin is not soft, but it fits me like a glove.

The Corbin style isn't for everyone, but this one works for me... for sure.

I'm glad to hear that you love your Corbin. I bought mine used, too. I love it!!!:thumbsup:

Back