Hard to start....

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
2010 Busa.3,000 miles.Bike sent from dealership floor to Richard at RCC.
Have to give it throttle to start.Pukes and dies 1st time.2nd time the same.3rd time,stays running.
I'm just killing my battery,starter motor,etc.
Any thoughts on where to begin? Thanks. Sweet motor eh,not mine.I have powder coated components.
Rubb.

Should never have to give it throttle to start Rubb. As suggested, call Richard, but my guess is there's a vacuum line unplugged somewhere so check and recheck all your connections.
It started doing this after you messed with the boost controller right? I'd start there....

It started doing this after you messed with the boost controller right? I'd start there....
Nope ever since I got it.Just never road it much so it never got attended to.Since being off pancreas and lung and_______killers, I have more time to devote to the Busa. Amazing what you can accomplish when yer not drunk/stoned 24-7. This...:beerchug: Leads to this...:drool: Rubb.

Nope ever since I got it.Just never road it much so it never got attended to.Since being off pancreas and lung and_______killers, I have more time to devote to the Busa. Amazing what you can accomplish when yer not drunk/stoned 24-7. This...:beerchug: Leads to this...:drool: Rubb.
Gotcha. Then it's likely in the tune. I always pull timing rpm below idle to help motors start.

Has it been sitting? Mine acts like that the first couple starts after a winter layoff.

Back