Hard Fuel Rev/cut And Secondary Injectors Controller On Boosted Application

xtatdsm

Registered
I am currently running Ultra RCC turbo kit on a built motor in my Sandrail. Since it is a sandrail, we tend to hit the rev limiter a lot more than street bikes do (hitting whoops and such), I thought it would be best to reflash the ecu to enable the hard fuel cut/rev Our kit (Gen 1 ECU) - already purchased boostsmith reflash kit.

My RCC kit comes with microtech secondary injectors’ controller, so if I were to simply enable the hard fuel cut on the stock ecu, the secondary ones will still supply fuel when the limiter is reached, which I know will be catastrophic. So at this point, and based on Richard’s at RCC recommendation, I will enable the fuel cut option in the microtech and match the hard rev limiter/cut rpm in both ECUs (stock and microtech). Does that sound about right to you guys?

Thanks

AFK

I am currently running Ultra RCC turbo kit on a built motor in my Sandrail. Since it is a sandrail, we tend to hit the rev limiter a lot more than street bikes do (hitting whoops and such), I thought it would be best to reflash the ecu to enable the hard fuel cut/rev Our kit (Gen 1 ECU) - already purchased boostsmith reflash kit.

My RCC kit comes with microtech secondary injectors’ controller, so if I were to simply enable the hard fuel cut on the stock ecu, the secondary ones will still supply fuel when the limiter is reached, which I know will be catastrophic. So at this point, and based on Richard’s at RCC recommendation, I will enable the fuel cut option in the microtech and match the hard rev limiter/cut rpm in both ECUs (stock and microtech). Does that sound about right to you guys?
AFK

That is correct. Kudos to you for even thinking about something that many over look to their peril . . .

That is correct. Kudos to you for even thinking about something that many over look to their peril . . .
I have been burned when i shouldn't since i have flashed the ecu with fuel hard cut so i want to ask you if a pcv will interfere with the fuel hard cut option.
Lately i am toying with the idea to make custom wiring in order to drive the 4 lower injectors from the ecu as stock and the 4 plenum injectors from the pcv outputs effectively turning the pcv to an additional injector controller for my gen 1 turbo engine since the split second box leaves a lot to be desired.

I have been burned when i shouldn't since i have flashed the ecu with fuel hard cut so i want to ask you if a pcv will interfere with the fuel hard cut option.
Lately i am toying with the idea to make custom wiring in order to drive the 4 lower injectors from the ecu as stock and the 4 plenum injectors from the pcv outputs effectively turning the pcv to an additional injector controller for my gen 1 turbo engine since the split second box leaves a lot to be desired.

POWERHOUSE did all the beta testing for Hahn's port fueler when it was first introduced. Although we were excited about the design, the weak point was the Split Second box as a fuel controller, it turned out to be a pos and I told Bill that much. I am not surprised that you want to bin it. I am not clear on how you intend to run your PCV as a secondary controller, what I can say is as long as it sees the injector signal (somehow) off the ecu, it will hard cut when the signal drops out. If you run it independently, you will need to find some way to match the fuel cut in the ecu . . .

POWERHOUSE did all the beta testing for Hahn's port fueler when it was first introduced. Although we were excited about the design, the weak point was the Split Second box as a fuel controller, it turned out to be a pos and I told Bill that much. I am not surprised that you want to bin it. I am not clear on how you intend to run your PCV as a secondary controller, what I can say is as long as it sees the injector signal (somehow) off the ecu, it will hard cut when the signal drops out. If you run it independently, you will need to find some way to match the fuel cut in the ecu . . .
Hi.
I will wire it as usual but only the inputs, i will use the stock outputs for driving the 4 stock injectors and the pcv 4 outputs for driving the 4 plenum injectors.
Normally when i set the pcv output to -100 it should be off and 0 will duplicate the stock injector timing.
Of course i am thinking of just adding a second pcv and have control over the entire range.
You are right the split second box is a POS as it only has a resolution of 1k rpm and it must setup to think that the engine is a two stroke, one cylinder, when the stock injector #1 triggers the split seconfd box all 4 plenum injectors fire so it is not working in sequential mode but in batch.
Everything about it screams "not Hayabusa suitable" and to be fair it wasn't ment to be used on a fast revving motor but on a normal car.

Last edited:
Ok so I finally flashed the ECU, and what a nightmare. The flashing part was the easiest part, now after doing so, and raising the RPM limiter to 11,200 and went for a test drive, and the bike would not rev passed 12,500. searched and asked Greg at boostsmith and was advised by him that it could be the clutch switched being bypassed. long story short, and since this is a buggy, the clutch switched was bypassed and the wiring harness was hacked pretty bad. The building but the black/yellow wire near the ecu and grounded it from the starter relay side. So what I did I connected these wires back together and added a switched ground to it to allow me to start the engine and then switch it off. That seemed to do the trick but, this way I have to press that ground switch everytime I want to start the buggy. Now, I maybe wrong, but wouldn't the clutch switched be only required to start the bike when it's in gear, but if it was in neutral there will be no need? I am assuming that the buggy builder also did something that I somehow need to undo to allow the engine to start without pressing on the clutch while it is in neutral. a wild guess here is to connect the blue wire (pin 20) to the same black/yellow wire, assuming that the blue wire (pin 20) will be grounded when it is in neutral thus allow the starter relay to function and start the engine? am I right, if not, which wire goes where to allow the engine to start in neutral without pressing the clutch?

Thanks a million gentlemen

AFK

You can complete the starter circuit without the clutch switch, but have to remove the ecu reference to the clutch switch
on gen 2 i think its more than 1 reference, how good are you with wiring diagrams ?
if you search online there is a color version of the wiring diagram for buggys

You can complete the starter circuit without the clutch switch, but have to remove the ecu reference to the clutch switch
on gen 2 i think its more than 1 reference, how good are you with wiring diagrams ?
if you search online there is a color version of the wiring diagram for buggys

Thanks but that is what the builder did and the bike ended up in Neutral map all the time (10,500 max RPM, and different fuel map)

Anyone else !

Thank you all

AFK

No the clutch must be pulled at all times when you start the engine.
Why can't you attach a switch at your foot clutch pedal?
Just an idea...
If you don't have a clutch then connect a pressure switch so when there is oil pressure the switch is open and when there is not present a short.
Because i am an electronics engineer it is easy for me to construct a circuit to emulate the clutch switch when the engine is off, maybe a friend can help you with this?

No the clutch must be pulled at all times when you start the engine.
Why can't you attach a switch at your foot clutch pedal?
Just an idea...
If you don't have a clutch then connect a pressure switch so when there is oil pressure the switch is open and when there is not present a short.
Because i am an electronics engineer it is easy for me to construct a circuit to emulate the clutch switch when the engine is off, maybe a friend can help you with this?

That is an incredible idea using an oil pressure switch as a clutch switch. This site has some truly remarkable minds.

Back