Happy Birthday to ME, Lil Charlie

lil charlie

Registered
This is a bit long but please read:

Today is my Birthday….well my second of two annual birthday anyways. Today I am proud to say I turn 5 years old. It was 5 years ago today that I was in a horrific motorcycle accident that changed my life forever. I claim today as my birthday because I had to be brought back to life twice that night…..once during the helicopter ride to the hospital and again after I landed. I lost over half my blood volume and it took over 5 minutes to bring me back, I was legally dead. Since my life started over that night I get to have a second birthday.

People ask me about the “worst day of my life†I try to tell them that it was not only my worst day but it was also my “luckiest day everâ€. How many people can get hit head on by a car at highway speeds while riding a motorcycle and be “lucky†enough to not only survive but walk and talk? 5 months in the hospital lying flat on my back, 21 reconstructive surgeries, 6 months of physical therapy learning how to walk again, and another 6 months on pain hourly pain meds and using a cane. Now, 5 years later??? I only take a pain pill every once and again, I walk but most people don’t even notice my slight limp, and I get to spend my time with my loving family and friends.

Plus if I had not been hit I would have been sent to 3 hospitals during my recovery. It was while I was a guest of the second hospital that I met my beautiful wife and we now have a child together and she is pregnant with another. I would have had no business at that hospital if it were not for my wreck. I guess someone was telling me it was time to slow down and enjoy my life. So happy 5th birthday to me, I’m lucky enough to get two. Please take a few moments each day to remember a few things life has taught me. Love your family, take time to enjoy life, don’t sweat the small stuff, and money isn’t everything, you can’t be buried with it so enjoy it while you have it.

R.I.P to all our fallen riders!

Great story. I am glad you got another chance and am also glad to see you are enjoying your new life. Congrats to you and may you live a long healthy, happy life. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

happy bday LiL C, now there's a story I didnt know about ya. You def. had a hand full of angels looking down on ya bro. :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday buddy, one well deserved one i should say, like Semi said thanks for the wise words:thumbsup:

Happy Birthday Lil Charlie. A story to remember and congrats to the path that it brought you.............. :bowdown:

Wow..Happy Happy Birthday!..Wasn't your time but to survive something like that as you describe there is some greater path for you to take..i've had a near death very similar without the impact and it certainly does change you in a few ways..Glad your here to share with the two wheeled community!

Back