Hands falling asleep?

This is the Issue with the Busa. The OEM seat on the busa makes you lean Foward. You need to get this seat from Ball Z Motorsports. It lowers you about 1.5 inches in the seat. The seat I have is their Street Version. You can either send them your OEM seat or just order one straight from their Site. The Foam in their seat is a softer material. If you order their seat you will need to take the Rubber Grommets on the backside of your OEM seat and put them on the new seat. They also have Drag version but it's only for Drag. Next you need to get these Grips by a company called kuryakyn Iso Grips. I got mine from Revzilla.com. They are really comfortable. Makes a big difference. A quick side note. I also have the Schnitz Quick Throttle installed on my bike. Some people call it the R1 thottle mod. I hope this helps.

All you have to do is take the Rubber off of the schnitz quick turn Throttle and put the new grips over the plastic tube.

20190404_163151.jpg

20190403_135751.jpg

Screenshot_20190504-105424_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is the Issue with the Busa. The OEM seat on the busa makes you lean Foward. You need to get this seat from Ball Z Motorsports. It lowers you about 1.5 inches in the seat. The seat I have is their Street Version. You can either send them your OEM seat or just order one straight from their Site. The Foam in their seat is a softer material. If you order their seat you will need to take the Rubber Grommets on the backside of your OEM seat and put them on the new seat. They also have Drag version but it's only for Drag. Next you need to get these Grips by a company called kuryakyn Iso Grips. I got mine from Revzilla.com. They are really comfortable. Makes a big difference. A quick side note. I also have the Schnitz Quick Throttle installed on my bike. Some people call it the R1 thottle mod. I hope this helps.

All you have to do is take the Rubber off of the schnitz quick turn Throttle and put the new grips over the plastic tube.

View attachment 1598561

View attachment 1598562

View attachment 1598563

I'm looking at a new seat anyway so I'll check them out, thanks. Does that throttle model fix all the play in the throttle at idle? It may be a little dumb sounding but that play or slack at the start is kind of irritating

I'm looking at a new seat anyway so I'll check them out, thanks. Does that throttle model fix all the play in the throttle at idle? It may be a little dumb sounding but that play or slack at the start is kind of irritating
You can adjust the slack with the adjuster that's hidden under the rubber sleeve right by where thr cable comes off the control. But there is a small amount if slack that is supposed to be in the cable

Yes. It fixes that play a lot. It's the way the busa should come from the factory. I do understand why they put the play in the throttle.

I say get the Schnitz Throttle

Busa is always going to have vibrations to a degree. I find torque the bolts to spec every few thousand miles reduces vibration greatly. All that vibration starts loosening up everything up over time

I have only been riding for about 5 and a half year, but I realized that if you simply press your knees together against the tank cover, you can relieve some of the pressure on your hands. That will prevent the numbness and you can enjoy the ride. Also, you have to pay attention to see if you are "white nuckling" the grips. You should be riding with you hand relaxed on the grips. Not holding on tight for dear life.

I have only been riding for about 5 and a half year, but I realized that if you simply press your knees together against the tank cover, you can relieve some of the pressure on your hands. That will prevent the numbness and you can enjoy the ride. Also, you have to pay attention to see if you are "white nuckling" the grips. You should be riding with you hand relaxed on the grips. Not holding on tight for dear life.
Only then your legs go to sleep. :lol:

It's the nature of the beast I reckon, unless you go the c10 route and raise the bars to Bandit like levels, you will get weight on your wrists.

Sure makes me respect the professional bike racers who spend half their lives on bikes with really low bars.

Yes sir I have noticed that when squeeze the tank and take weight off my hands it helps and I think the rest is just vibration so I'll have to get a few things and see what works best

This could be from the gloves being too tight at the wrist and stopping blood flow or worse.... you might have cervical damage. Cervical spondylosis, Happens to just about everyone. With the way we sit on these bikes, it’s an unnatural position and puts strain on the cervical spine as we’re looking forward. I would take breaks, stretch out, stretch the neck muscles and then continue. Knowing your trade makes me think the years of beating your body up has its toll. Bar risers should also aide in that.

Last edited:
Glad to hear other people having a similar issue. Happens to me every once in a while but i notice if i keep most of my weight off the bars it will improve, so id say its definitely a riding position thing. Also ive noticed like "TurboBusa0704" said i have also noticed when my gloves are too tight i notice a similar feeling.

Grip puppies obviously helped me quite a bit.

Now, as far as a seat lowering you, not sure I would want that as that would defeat the lowering pegs LOL

I had this problem when I first started riding. I was leaning on my bars. Once I started holding myself up with my core and just kept a fairly loose grip on my bars, it all went away

What year is your busa ? a very popular mod here is to fit the heli bars on combined with the lower foot pegs makes a very nice improvement in comfort on my gen 2 having said that I wish this bike had cruise control hopefully the gen 3 will ? :thumbsup:
Check out Atlas throttle lock

Back