Hands down what is the best mod you have done?

The screen work and looks awesome. Had a lot of wind here today but had to take her out for a spin. The screen has made a quite noticable difference in the wind flow on and around me. Also, thank god I can read my guages without doing the touch my toes thing. The double bubble is by far the best thing I have ever purchased for any bike I have had.

If I get rid of the R1 anytime soon I think a full exhaust system will be next. I am thinking about keeping the RADAR detector and mounting it on the Busa. Just hate to drill holes in the screen for the RADAR Detector mount....

Here is the R1 I am offering, it is listed in the classisfieds if anyone is interested.

r1fs.JPG

I am thinking about keeping the RADAR detector and mounting it on the Busa. Just hate to drill holes in the screen for the RADAR Detector mount....
I just got a mount off eBay...it was 30.00 shipped.
I plan on using it for a camera or radar or GPS.
You could either use something like that or fab your own?
This person appears local to me, so I should be able to give a little feedback in just a few days.

eBay item number: 4550550299

I got the clear LED tail lights and installed last night. I love the way it looks. Cut the rest of the fender down and thats all there was to do on her last night. I ordered two of the taillight sections for the Busa and the Wifes Katana...of course she did not like it so now I am staring at a second light..:angry: I guess she likes hers the way it is...

I suggest you look at

a) Frame Sliders
b) Scorpio SRi-500
c) HID lights

..as your first service!! They protect your investment on the bike
biggrin.gif

Just got the frame sliders put on last night. The dealership did a really good job with them. Only one question though, why the heck is the Motor Mount Bolts so off center from each other. There is only one place to mount the sliders and they are offset from each other a little (higher on the left) or is this a graphics optical illusion from the faring?

Skip it, I saw the thread for frame sliders. I got my answer already. Wonder what was up with Suzuki on that....

For me the installation of my Marvic Penta wheels was the best mod but quite expensive.

I think the best mod for the money is fairing grills. Clarks custom cycle or do an ebay search for Hayabusa fairing grills.

$20.00 and some epoxy makes the bike look finished.

Just my thoughts....Have fun with your mods

Umm, Switched to Silkolene Pro-4 10W40... That was a nice change.

Trimmed rear mudflap, that was free...

Trimmed stock seat foam, that was free...

Switched to Metzler Sportec M1's, Honestly this is prolly the biggest improvement, made a huge difference. Forget about adding more power with a pipe or any of that crap. You'll be spending a grand or so on power you will never use or miss. Your not using all the available power the Busa has now very often so why go to all the expense and hassle? Once you've mastered the Busa enough that you are honestly wringing it's neck at every oportunity? Then add more power...

Adding more power before then is silly, unless your just after a particular look or sound.

16t front sprocket, approx $20 plus install if you don't want to DIY. Improved throttle response, increased "seat of the pants" horse power (as metered on the butt dyno). A free one is to remove those nasty orange reflectors and cut off the rear mud flap. Enjoy!

Back