hands are freezing

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
Hello, My hands and feet always start to freeze on me. I would like to ride a little bit more instead of waiting till march or so..
I have wearing thin wind proof gloves with thick insulated gloves on top.. still after about 5 minutes, my fingers are going numb.. When i ride with my friends, they dont seem to have as bad a problem with their fingers..
I have seen the electric heated grips and also the electric gloves.. but wanted to stick with just plain textile gloves... anyone know of a really good glove for the winter. The one i am using now is 80gm thinsulate,, and still not enough!! thanks, kattan

Olympia makes a warm leather insulate glove...
evil.gif

My wife brought me home some gloves last year that I was seriously reluctant to even try but have actually worked really well in the past when the cold weather started to come in. The major downside, they are HD winter gloves. About $80

It sounds like you're wearing the layers backwards. If you put the windproof layer next to your skin, then the insulated layer cannot get any heat from your skin to warm the trapped layer of air. If you can put the windproof layer on the outside, then it will prevent incoming air from upsetting the layer of trapped air being heated by your skin.

Otherwise, I would suggest getting a pair of electric gloves like the ones from Gerbing. The use the same style plug as a battery tender, so when you're not riding, you can keep the charger on it without switching. The electric gloves are worth every penny you pay for them, but they are not cheap.

Good luck, and try to stay warm.
biggrin.gif

Like Vincent
It was a present of HD FXRG gloves.
Thin flexible rubber coat on leather with polyester insolation and gortex liner. Parent company is Primaloft manufacture of skiing gloves and comforters
biggrin.gif

Gloves keep surprizing me, as after 700 miles of constant rain it stayed bone dry. Extended thirty degrees it stayed manageably warm.

Here's a link to the Gerbing site. The gloves that Rev mentioned look decent, but the reviewer said he had only tried them down to about 50 deg F. I know you're riding in colder weather, so you may want to think about asking for a set of these for Christmas. They're $139.
wink.gif

http://www.gerbing.com/pages/clothing/gloves.html

Those look nice Stalker, but the first post mentioned wanting to stay away from the electrics...

Good point about the review from WebBike World, Oo.oOo, All the way down to 50
rock.gif
laugh.gif
That is kinda funny.

I cannot find the actual lobster claws I am thinking of, I dunno if they were a Hein Gericke product or maybe they were dedicated ski gloves or something. The E-bay one isn't exactly what I awas talking about...

I know people want to stay away from electric gloves, but if you ever wear a pair when its cold outside, you'll just hate every other glove you wear. When I say cold, I'm talkin about in the 20's and 30's.
wink.gif

I have a pair of Chiba Eurotex that I wear when it is between 30 - 50 outside, below 30 and I wear BMW Gauntlets.

Unfortunately these Acesses are /steeerein you up the exact tree that you either said that you don't want to go or clearly demonstrating their lack of experience in the "glove wearin dept"

1st virtually all "winter" or snow mobile gloves are not designed for the 2 wheeled sports. They usually have
too much padding in the palm which makes feeling the finer responses of your bike nearly impossible. (DANGEROUS)

2nd Fit is way more important than brand. You can spend a couple of C notes on a set of gloves or any protective equipment for that matter and if it has too much tolerance (extra room) they will simply not perform.

3rd A $3 pair of cotton glove liners can make the difference between a $80 pair of gloves working well or turning what would have been a killer ride into a sucky painful experience.

If you are alergic to Gerbing heated gloves (They do rock!)
then my advice to you is to find a pair of "MOTORCYCLE" gloves that fit and use a pair of glove liners.

You might have a circulation problem in your hands if your riding buddies are not having the same trouble in simular situations with simular gear. Caffene Nicotine Anphetimines (Legal of course) or any of the basically fun stuff could push you over the edge of comfort if you have a genetic pre-disposition for poor circulation.

2 BUKU

If your hands sweat at all, cotton is the worst thing to have next to your skin because it absorbs and retains that moisture rather than wicking it away from your skin to be absorbed by the next glove layer. Snug-fitting, moisture-wicking, non-cotton liners such as silk or polyester are recommended by most "extreme cold" experts.

Best bet, wear what you normally wear and install a set of these in less than twenty minutes....
I KNOW THESE ARE ELECTRIC do a search for Hot Wraps!

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103811322 -->

Back