Handlebar risers... can they be done on this particular bike?

Slowstang305

Registered
First,

I wanted to thank everyone on here for their advice and information. You guys have been extremely helpful in my search for a new bike. I have been looking on Craigslist, Ebay, CycleTrader, and everywhere else I can think of within 1000 miles of my house for something that would catch my eye. I wanted a Gen II so that was a given to narrow me down to an 08+. I finally found a motorcycle I fell in love with that was well taken care off and in amazing shape. It is a 2014 Black with a custom wrap and a bunch of extras.

Question:
I have attached a picture of the handlebars. I was hoping to find a way to bring them up but I see there has been some custom work done already. What is the easiest way? I was thinking of getting the HeliBars. Can I still run a spacer here or negative? I don't know much about how sport bikes are set up. The bike is lowered if that makes any difference.
44809516_10213313166647399_3456444166328811520_n.jpg

The only difference from stock on those bars is the top plate(not the upper triple clamp, that is still stock).
That top plate allows the forks to slide through it, which is what allows the front to be lowered.
The stock top plate won't let the forks slide through.
You can use either top plate with a spacer, and/or Heli-bars.
If the rear is lowered, it was likely done by different lower shock mount links.
Some of those are a set height, and either must be removed(to go back to stock heigth), or the bolt put through another hole that's already in the links.
Or, the links are adjustable, and you can turn a nut on each side, raising or lowering the rear.
If the price and condition of the bike is right, don't be concerned that it's lowered, it is quick and easy to return to stock heigth, if you wanted to.

The only difference from stock on those bars is the top plate(not the upper triple clamp, that is still stock).
That top plate allows the forks to slide through it, which is what allows the front to be lowered.
The stock top plate won't let the forks slide through.
You can use either top plate with a spacer, and/or Heli-bars.
If the rear is lowered, it was likely done by different lower shock mount links.
Some of those are a set height, and either must be removed(to go back to stock heigth), or the bolt put through another hole that's already in the links.
Or, the links are adjustable, and you can turn a nut on each side, raising or lowering the rear.
If the price and condition of the bike is right, don't be concerned that it's lowered, it is quick and easy to return to stock heigth, if you wanted to.
Thank you so much for that explanation. I appreciate that a lot. It is definitely lowered front and rear. Do you think I will be able to run a .75 spacer on this setup with helibars?

Back