hand grips (install)

MR X

Donating Member
Registered
I did a search on grip install; My question is on throttle side at the end of grip is two plastic ridge that factory grip folds over.Iwant to put on pro grips the GELS but i dont want to see ugly white ridge plastic .Another member had nice pics of KURYAKYN GRIP install and he removed this ridge with dremel tool.Any other ideas??? Or do some grips like HARRIS busa grips fit over this like factory grip???

THANKS in advance for your help!!!
smile.gif
bowdown.gif

I have the pro grip 719"s and mine look fine...
DSC00030-1.jpg

I believe the plastic ridge is to keep the throttle grip from sliding toward the switch housing where it could act like a throttle lock. then there would be soon to follow a law suit!!!

(MR X @ Oct. 24 2006,23:16) I did a search on grip install; My question is on throttle side at the end of grip is two plastic ridge that factory grip folds over.Iwant to put on pro grips the GELS but i dont want to see ugly white ridge plastic .Another member had nice pics of KURYAKYN GRIP install and he removed this ridge with dremel tool.Any other ideas??? Or do some grips like HARRIS busa grips fit over this like factory grip???

THANKS in advance for your help!!!
smile.gif

bowdown.gif
I have the Harris grips for Suzuki, and the fit no mods needed. If you make a mod make sure there is space or your throttle will stick, very bad! Check it on a regular basis too.

Tip for putting grips on, hair spray! Makes it slipper going on and then dries like glue.

hairspray for addhesive is bad advice. period.
-1 for the hair spray, it WILL fail and probably when don't want it too! find something else for the grip for an addhesive.

Back