Halp! HID Delay wiring troubles!

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys, I tried using this thread.... https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/61563-how-wire-hid-delay-timer.html

But I think this is for a 2007 and below. I have an 08 and the wiring harness does not look like this, not that I can tell.

The only harness going to my lights has 6 wires

Black, Black/White, White, Yellow, Aqua, and Brown

Before I start splicing, I'm hoping someone can tell me how these colors relate to the diagram below

102499-hid-cutting-off-528twiring3.jpg

And one more thing.....is there any way Captain would accept more donations? This site has helped me more than any other place I have looked. Every solution leads back to the org and I feel like I should be paying for this help. :laugh:

You do not need a delay relay. put them on my K8 and all I do is hold the start button in and turn the key, wait for the lights to settle down and pull the clutch in. the bike starts, release the start button and the HID's come on. I thought about a delay relay, but some guys don't even use any delay, just let the lights flash once and start the bike up. I haven't heard about any problems with that approach, I just like the idea of using the bikes own delay to light the headlight.

I appreciate your input, but I already have the delay and really don't want to have to go through an ignition sequence if possible. :)

Thank you for your input though, but I already decided on the delay at this point. :beerchug:

I don't understand...the poster above listed a sequence that had to be followed for this to work on a K8. But are you telling me that nothing special is required during startup?

I hope you can appreciate my confusion considering the conflicting answers. I did a LOT of research on this and from what I can see "sometimes it works, sometimes not."

I'll try it without a delay and see what happens. No need to get all excited about something in which there is obviously a great deal of confusion.

Last edited:
Back