hahn stage 1 turbokit

busacharged

Registered
Im thinking of running the hahn stage 1 turbokit , and im wondering if anyone here runs one and what kind of luck have you had with it. It being on a stock motor , any blown head gasket problems ? etc. Im thinking about the hahn kit mainly because of price, if anyone has one of these what do you think of it? Thanks in advance.

Tho i dont run one, I have heard alot about the hahn setup while searching for which kit im going to get. Mostly from those that run them say they are good, but the quility is not up to par with the other kits. Velocity has a 1 stage kit for about 700 more, which has a bit better quality IMO.

I have decided to go with a Velocity racing stage 2 kit with water Injection.

hahn is a good kit. It depends what you wnat to do with it. It is very reliable if set up right. Depends what you can find a Hahn for $. You need to add gauges and some other godies to make it run well. If you wnat over 280hp you will need to make some mods like Fuel rail, fuel pump. It will run alll day with no plroblems at 250hp. Velocity and some other kits are real good. Read evrything you can on Turbo charging before you buy one.

The main thing you need to look for is.............how linear is the power. The Hahn is as linear of a power band your going to find. There are turbos out there that give more horsepower, but they do it all at once and can get your attention real quick. Look at the style of riding you do and pick your poison...................I also have a Hahn kit and love it.............

The main thing you need to look for is.............how linear is the power. The Hahn is  as linear of a  power band your going to find. There are turbos out there that give more horsepower, but they do it all at once and can get your attention real quick. Look at the style of riding you do and pick your poison...................I also have a Hahn kit and love it.............
This a very good point. You are correct. I have my bike set to Turbo at 5,000 and it clibes from there. until it reaches 10-11 lbs of boost at + 200mph on the gps. I prefer the settings this way.

I am pleased with my Hahn turbo. Linear is a good choice of words. Its not nearly as explosive as say my CR500 at power band, just more linear. At 8psi, in Denver, its been dynoed at 264rwhp. I haven't had any problems with head gaskets or the such. I did relocate my fuel pump to the rear frame rail where it runs a lot cooler. It was vapor locking under the tank. I also added a oil cooler above the rear wheel since I know at altitude theres less air to cool and it was cheap insurance. Happy riding!

I am pleased with my Hahn turbo. Linear is a good choice of words.   Its not nearly as explosive as say my CR500 at power band, just more linear. At 8psi, in Denver, its been dynoed at 264rwhp. I haven't had any problems with head gaskets or the such. I did relocate my fuel pump to the rear frame rail where it runs a lot cooler. It was vapor locking under the tank.  I also added a oil cooler above the rear wheel since I know at altitude theres less air to cool and it was cheap insurance. Happy riding!
where did you get the oil coller and how did you installed it, some info please i was thinking of doing the same thing but don't really know how, how do you connect it up to the busa.

Seems like the pumping capability of the stock oil pump might be strained trying to pump oil back to an oil cooler in the rear. What is the pressure drop through all of that line you've got there?

Back