Hahn Racecraft

Cncbusa

Registered
Absolutely garbage. They welded the header 1/2 crooked and won't return a phone call or email. I like supporting U.S. companies and this customer service and crap product is why people go with Chinese junk. Will never buy another product from Hahn again. I'm a cnc machinist and quality is #1! I take pride in my work and can't understand people who don't. I could have welded this with my eyes closed for a 1/4 of the price. I will be posting pics of my cnc hayabusa parts soon!

hahnheader.JPG
hahnheader3.JPG
We supply a replacement headpipe for Hahn turbo systems, their crappy mild steel headpipe would only last a year before it cracks, anyway. We actually had one DROP the turbo, lucky it was on the dyno at the time. Ours is stainless steel and comes with a one-piece flange . . . it is also warrantied for two years . . . $750 . . .

Being a machinist I'm just going to make my own flanges and my friend who is a welder for Titan who welds manifolds for a living will weld it. Thought it would be nice to support a local shop in Florida but that was a mistake. Think I'll toss that manifold through his window since they won't take a return or replace it.

If it's a local shop I'd show up every day bright n early waiting on them :devil:

Sooner than later somebody is gonna talk to you

It still blows my mind people buy shitty turbo kits then wonder why they have issues with them.
Word of advice to future turbo owners. Save your money buy an RCC kit. If you cant afford it cool, save then buy it. Dont skimp and buy a cheaper kit -- this post is proof why.
Sorry Op sucks you had these issues, least you have the skills to fix it.

Since the OP is a machinist and intends on fabbing his own, the point it moot, but - you should know that turbo header pipes are NOT universal. You can't just swap them around and think your turbo will be in the correct position on the bike. There is a lot going on, differences in turbo dimensions, differences in how the turbo is angled, centered, height of the impeller shaft in relation to a bike's oil level, etc . . . Scott Horner is a great guy, it may be that his cast header will work with a Mitsubishi, that I don't know, you could make the call. Might be a home run.

Since the OP is a machinist and intends on fabbing his own, the point it moot, but - you should know that turbo header pipes are NOT universal. You can't just swap them around and think your turbo will be in the correct position on the bike. There is a lot going on, differences in turbo dimensions, differences in how the turbo is angled, centered, height of the impeller shaft in relation to a bike's oil level, etc . . . Scott Horner is a great guy, it may be that his cast header will work with a Mitsubishi, that I don't know, you could make the call. Might be a home run.

All really good points just was offering an option. Here are the guys who build it for Scott and appears you can get it through them. Ain't cheap and as you stated above there are several questions that have to be answered before you drop the $$$$.
http://www.fabhabit.com/products/11-cast-stainless-steel-hayabusa-turbo-exhaust-manifold.html
https://twitter.com/fabhabit
Pay no attention to the class size on the fender, it has been built to 1000cc to fit in a class.

Holy Moly! $1200 dollars?? The one POWERHOUSE sells is WAY less expensive, Richard at RCC makes them for us . . . hence, the two year warranty.
No doubt about it, 1200 bones is a lot of money but a good N/A pipe will set you back at least that much, I know that is apples and oranges but just saying.
As with any quality part there was a lot of R&D time in it and several false starts that adds to the cost.
Also if you don't do anything really, really stupid you can leave it to your grand kids.

It still blows my mind people buy shitty turbo kits then wonder why they have issues with them.
Word of advice to future turbo owners. Save your money buy an RCC kit. If you cant afford it cool, save then buy it. Dont skimp and buy a cheaper kit -- this post is proof why.
Sorry Op sucks you had these issues, least you have the skills to fix it.
lol... define shitty.

Back