Hahn racecraft turbos can make big power

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
Stock bore, stock cams, Super 20 running on C16 with piggybacks . . .
If it had 1/2 studs, I'd turn the boost up more!:laugh:

Attachments

• philhighboost1.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 837
427hp at 17 psi is huge .. :bowdown:
how does the super 20 compare to the garrett turbo range

I'm sorry - this is a Super 20 SHOOTOUT turbo. This is the same turbo that was being used by Kent Stotz on that red Honda Blackbird shootout turbo bike many years ago . . . bigger wheels, bigger housings on both sides than the standard Super 20. Still, an "off the shelf" turbo that we commonly use on Hahn turbo upgrades . . .

oh yeah - the customer who rides this is 63 years old!:lol:

damn. at 17 psi that's huge. you must be dead nuts in the middle of the efficiency range of that turbo. way to pick it man.

Never been a fan of Hahn but that is alot of power at 17lb. What size garret turbo would compare to this? Looks to be at 250HP around 7K which makes me think its in the GT35 area but maybe I'm wrong

Last edited:
i like my hahn i just have the 16g on the stage 1 and at 6 psi made 244 and 133 lb, so it really seems to perform well in my opinion

How big is the motor?

What studs does it have in it now that you are afraid to let it eat?

The motor is stock bore, stock cams. It has the strongest 10mm studs you can put in a Busa, which are the ARPs. I'm not sure how this particular turbo rates in comparison to a Garrett, but I will say this: a Super 16 or a Super 20 will not run out the back door like a GT35 and make 38 pounds of boost. The Mitsubishi turbos tend to hit a brick wall just under 25 pounds, which seems to be their surge point. With that said, I know I could get at least 50 more horsies out of this thing, maybe even hit 500. All the customer wanted was 400 rear wheel, so that was as far as he would let us go . . .:whistle:

The motor is stock bore, stock cams. It has the strongest 10mm studs you can put in a Busa, which are the ARPs. I'm not sure how this particular turbo rates in comparison to a Garrett, but I will say this: a Super 16 or a Super 20 will not run out the back door like a GT35 and make 38 pounds of boost. The Mitsubishi turbos tend to hit a brick wall just under 25 pounds, which seems to be their surge point. With that said, I know I could get at least 50 more horsies out of this thing, maybe even hit 500. All the customer wanted was 400 rear wheel, so that was as far as he would let us go . . .:whistle:

seems like an extremely highly efficient turbo to run on an ultra kit bike that would allow you to run this HP on pump gas. Even our large turbos don't make these #'s on 18lb. You would give up HP up top but if you were only planning to run pump gas its hard to beat 4XX something HP on 17lb

The a/f helped the power some,how will it be off the dyno with forced air?

Nice #'s

I thought I would post a "corrected" graph for any skeptics. And yes, although this is with stock bore WOSSNER pistons, there was some head work involved to achieve these numbers . . .

Attachments

• philc16corrected2.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 632
Last edited:
Big numbers are awsome and it takes experience, money, and talent to get there, but putting it to the ground is the reward. I have dreams of making passes to the ability of my chassis / motor combo.

I thought I would post a "corrected" graph for any skeptics. And yes, although this is with stock bore WOSSNER pistons, there was some head work involved to achieve these numbers . . .

still incredibly impressive...who did the head and how extensive was the work, larger exhaust valves? I always hear that porting a head on a turbo doesn't help until higher boost levels

Is that a total of 17.16 psi manifold pressure? Or is thatreferencing control pressure? Seems like an awfully high power per psi boost, even with headwork. Is the bike using some sort of cryo cooler with extremely low intake temps?

Frank, I've got a standard super 20g. Do you guys sell the Shootout super 20g ?
Also do you have any pics of the 2 turbo's to compare. I'm intrested in getting one of those bad boys.

Thanks

Back