Hahn racecraft stage one build for gen 2

POWERHOUSE has an update on this in regard to the powercommander. Once up on the dyno, we found that our TP input was not working properly. On further inspection, the reason was because the powercommander was not installed correctly, and was actually NEVER working on this bike. FYI, it was installed by a Suzuki dealer who I will not name, but will say this: this dealer was suggesting to the owner of this bike that they would have no problem installing a turbo kit . . .:rofl:

Ya don't actually install something properly.to make it work, its pretty easy. :laugh:

Frank, ya mentioned some R&D issues from Hahn and said to check this thread? What's up, I've heard some iffy reports about Hahn and would do an RCC kit if I went to forced air, what say you sir?

Going back a few days, here is where the fun started. The entire kit was in bags: fittings, bulk hose, bolts, etc. Nothing put together, basically a jigsaw puzzle that we had to assemble. The main fuel rail fitting going into the stock rail was entirely wrong, we had to redesign it and have it re-made by Hahn. The plenum was wrong - no accommodation for the ISC valve unique to the Gen 2. We had to send all the appropriate measurements back to Hahn for a re-do of the plenum. After a week of going back and forth, we were finally able to get the kit installed properly and on the dyno for some custom mapping. After going through that whole process and making final pulls, here was the result. This is where the real work started and where we had to get into some extensive diagnostic work to find out why so much rwhp was left on the table. Keep in mind that the bike was making 4 pounds of boost, reading from the plenum:

HAHNSTAGEONEGEN2INITIAL.jpg

Keep in mind the afr was correct, timing was correct, boost was being made, but not power. There were no leaks on the pressure side of the system and the turbo was brand-new and functioning properly. Any guesses out there?

Sorry to say but I'm pretty sure my Gen 1 makes that power. Bad clutch?

The bike running through the clutch while on the dyno is a GREAT guess . . . but that's not the reason why it only made 169 rwhp @ 4 pounds of boost, the clutch has heavy duty springs and was not an issue at all. BTW, the problems have been corrected, and the bike now makes 221 rwhp with the stock motor. So, not the clutch and not a boost leak . . .:whistle:

Back