Hahn racecraft stage one build for gen 2

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
POWERHOUSE is currently doing a Hahn Racecraft Stage One build on a Gen 2 with a totally stock motor. Is anyone interested in another build thread for this one? Please let me know . . .:whistle:

Yes, please....it's good info and great for people thinking about a TURBO to see what takes place... :thumbsup:

Plus they can compare the different builds, threads, info for a later date... ;)

Yes, please....it's good info and great for people thinking about a TURBO to see what takes place... :thumbsup:

Plus they can compare the different builds, threads, info for a later date... ;)

^^^ This! I've been mulling over the idea of a stage 1 kit for my gen 2.

Okay, so we will do a build thread for this one as well. This is what we are starting with. Note that this bike has Yoshimura slip-ons and a powercommander, and actually made LESS rwhp than the totally stock Gen 2 Busa we are working with in our other build thread. FYI- that is a red flag that the map in this pc is not doing justice to the exhaust system, I would have expected to see more. A custom map would have made a difference here, as it always does, contrary to popular opinion. No matter, a turbo will fix this problem right up!:laugh:

DSCN0734.JPG

silvergen2.jpg

First thing you want to do is get the bike ready for the turbo system. Remove the fairings, radiator, exhaust pipe, and air box. At this point, you want to remove the spark plugs and close their gaps to between .018-.020". Next, pull the thermostat and do the thermostat modification. On a Gen 2, you also want to remove the engine breather - the black, two bolt cover - and do the reed mod. Take the screws out that hold the two reeds, and toss the screws and the reeds in the trash. Re-install the reed plate without the reeds, and re-install the black cover. Now we are ready to begin the install . . .

DSCN0779.JPG

DSCN0780.JPG

DSCN0782.JPG

Okay . . . get your header on first with NEW exhaust gaskets . . . don't cheap out on this part, if you have any kind of exhaust leak later, you will regret it. POWERHOUSE likes to use the RCC bolts on the bottom of the head pipe because they have 10mm heads and it is much easier to access and tighten them. Remove the oil pan and drill for the drain fitting. On the Hahn kits, this fitting is in front of the pan. Install a new oil filter. The turbo can go up next, and then the drain line . . . now is a good time to properly route your oil feed line . . . make sure it does not touch any exhaust components . . .

DSCN0788.JPG

DSCN0791.JPG

Okay, so we will do a build thread for this one as well. This is what we are starting with. Note that this bike has Yoshimura slip-ons and a powercommander, and actually made LESS rwhp than the totally stock Gen 2 Busa we are working with in our other build thread. FYI- that is a red flag that the map in this pc is not doing justice to the exhaust system, I would have expected to see more. A custom map would have made a difference here, as it always does, contrary to popular opinion. No matter, a turbo will fix this problem right up!:laugh:

POWERHOUSE has an update on this in regard to the powercommander. Once up on the dyno, we found that our TP input was not working properly. On further inspection, the reason was because the powercommander was not installed correctly, and was actually NEVER working on this bike. FYI, it was installed by a Suzuki dealer who I will not name, but will say this: this dealer was suggesting to the owner of this bike that they would have no problem installing a turbo kit . . .:rofl:

Back